Stem Cell Transplant Community

A blood and marrow stem cell transplant is a procedure that replaces a person's faulty stem cells with healthy ones. Stem cells are found in bone marrow, a spongy tissue inside the bones. Stem cells develop into the three types of blood cells that the body needs: Red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body - White blood cells, which fight infections and Platelets (PLATE-lets), which help the blood clot. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Stem Cell Transplant patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with a Stem Cell Transplant, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

1 - 20 (of 18) questions
Hello, I am about to take my son to Germany for an autologous stem cell transplant. The hospital will take his own bone marrow and then extract his stem cell from there. They will then place them directly into his spinal column via a ...
jsmom677 | Last answer
how much time it will take to transplant
nessie143 | Last answer
I'm 51, and have been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in December of 2012. When I initially hospitalized, my e.f. was as low as 21%. It actually went up to 40-45% in August, but now it's back down to 35%, and I have an appointment tomorr...
LYNDEYLUU | Last answer
Dear Doctor, I had a road traffic accident 8 yrs back. To sum up my injuries haemorages in both my eyes,Skull Fracture,35 stiches on the back of my head, Nose fracture,both cheek bones fractured,jaw broken Ear fracture,Internal bleed...
paranoid2707 | Last answer
Cancer Therapy: Can It Hurt Your Heart? Thursday Aug 01, 2013, 12:00PM - 01:00PM (EST) For one day only, doctors from the Cleveland Clinic Cardio-Oncology Center will participate in a live, online health chat to answer your persona...
Cindy | Posted
17 mos after stem cell transplant and 4months after being weaned off all anti-rrejection meds I am suddenly put back on. Is thatvecasue my lymphocytes are low. Anything to be concerned about?
bmtman | Posted
Hi, Please join us in welcoming Mochadelicious as your new Community Leader. Mochadelicious has a lot of knowledge and experience, and we look forward to working with your entire community as it continues to grow! Best, Cheryl ...
MH Community Mgr | Posted
Does anyone know if stem cells could heal a nonunion femur? I have had a nonunion femur for twenty five years due to a car wreck. Just wondering about stem cells if their would be a chance that there trying it on bones that don't heal. p...
mrstbond | Last answer
It seems that it is only recently that ''stem cells'' were found to be present in whole blood. 1. Just curious how that was determined. 2. Is the harvest concentrated somehow when you are wanting just the stem cells? 3. It...
beatrice44 | Last answer
I have read about stem cell transplants. If this will cure MS, why isn't this the treatment of choice? I do not understand!
Bethtrn | Last answer
I would love to talk with surviors of Stm Cell Rescue
sandyn1951 | Last answer
For both HCV disease, and for transplant patients the question of liver regeneration becomes an important one. Especially for those who are given a live donor transplant, where they will still have to regrow 2/3 of a liver (and do gro...
merryBe | Last answer
Well, it looks like I will be off to Houston in about 2 weeks for my BIG procedure. I wanted to post what the doc sent me regarding the procedure to gain any insight you all want to give me on the 5 different chemo drugs to be administer...
Brownie3321 | Last answer
Just saw a bit in the local tv news about this study with Dr. Richard Burt and stem cell transplants...one guys was interviewed...he had MS and was getting debilitated by the disease, affecting his eyesight, etc, muscles, right leg, etc....
Forseegood | Last answer
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stem Cell Transplant Community Resources