Aa
A
A
Close

Step Parenting Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

21 - 40 (of 325) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi. My exhusband has a blended family. His wife just told me that my son (12) was caught sneaking into his step sister's room (16 or 17) and trying to lift up her shirt. She woke up, and told her mom. My ex talked to him, and I talked to...
smithy2470 | Last answer
My husband and I have been married for less than a year. He has 2 children from 2 prior marriages. His daughter 13 loves me and my children. His son 11 however seems to despise our existence. I understand this to a point. But he will no...
ashkg77 | Last answer
I have a 5 year old stepson. His dad and I have been together since April. I've only been around him twice now. Every time I am around him he keeps trying to get rid of me after his daddy picks me up. He is like we take you home now and ...
Zstepmom | Last answer
WE INHERITED TWO GRANDCHILDREN WHEN OIR SON MARRIED. THE STEPGRANDSON WAS WONDERFUL VUT THE STEPGRANDAUGHTER SEEMS TO HAVE MADE IT HER MISSION IN LIFE TO BE HORRID TO US. SHE WOULD GET ,SICK, ANY TIME SON WAS COMING TO VISIT. SHE WOULD...
stepgrandmother | Last answer
I need some brutal honesty. I have a step son who is 4, and I've always been in his life (his dad and I were best friends when he was born, then started to date when he was about 1, we got married when he was almost 3 and now he's almost...
Lee_1989 | Posted
14303516_tn?1433955659
I been marry now, for 15 years, my wife has two daughters from a previous marriage. I have raised both girls as my own, however, the day before my 43rd birthday, myself and the youngest 20, had a massive blowout, things were said, that h...
Pandallor | Last answer
My boyfriend and I are 9 years different in age, I am 20 and he is 29. My boyfriends child is constantly being so disrespectful to me, he is always saying and doing mean things. He is constantly begging his dad to sleep with him or to sl...
afuett8 | Last answer
If any one can offer advise I would be grateful. I have two kids of my own from available previous relationship and my partner had two from his. Is hasn't been easy trying to integrate or lives. I am currently struggling with the fact t...
ronita82 | Last answer
I found out my 12 year old stepdaughter hates me (we are not yet married but live together). I was putting away her washing as usual and found a piece of paper in her drawer 10 things she hates about me. I'm absolutely devastated, we alw...
Rubyjones | Last answer
I've been going through this same thing with 17 yr old stepdaughter. She lives with us. Her and I are very close. I love her. Everyone screaming jealousy when a woman makes this observation needs to understand, it's not that. Perhap...
mariam804 | Last answer
How do I deal with a 15 year old step daughter who deliberately does the opposite of whatever she is told to do or not do. When you ask her to explain her movements, or her failures, she would spin different versions depending on how muc...
ndiroro | Posted
i met my wife when her daughter [whose biological dad died before she was two] was almost 7 and our relatonship has been good nuntil recenly when she was thirteen and started to mix with wrong crowds she would often lie about her daily a...
ndiroro | Posted
It seems that I have a little different situation. My wife died in 2006 from cancer. In 2008 I started dating and married a year later to a lady that had two children. Then my daughter's were 15 and 12. At first it was ok until my oldest...
mbwv34 | Last answer
I've been married 7 months now and my wife's kids barely listen to me but expect me to clean up after them and buy them things and take them places . Any and all requests for them to clean up after themselves is from the mouth of their m...
Cloakedwarrior | Last answer
My husbands exwife has a daughter who is not my husbands child. But she is 36 years old and very obsessed with my husband. Mind you, he has two other biological daughters by two other women. The 36 year is having an emotional affair wit...
SDWill | Last answer
I know this might sound crazy and even heartless,but i assure you it is the total opposite of that. I have major issues with my husband's babys mama. She is a mean, vindictive, awful person. I don't know what my husband was ever doing wi...
mommybird10 | Last answer
Hi, Just signed up to this because I am in a situation I am not coping well with and I don't have anyone in a similar situation to ask for advice from or can relate. My girlfriend and I are both divorces, I have 2 children of my own age...
l___h77 | Last answer
Need advice! My husband and I are constantly fighting over how he talks to my son. How he treats him so sternly but talks to his stepdaughter with loving nurture. He holds different standards for both. My son sees and feels this, but ...
nay0247 | Posted
I've been with my now fiqnce for 5 years and i have my own child (the father isnt around), and he has two kids with two different women. Both of the moms are complete ******* and manipulative. If it works out for their benefit then its f...
Heyyitsaj82 | Last answer
I have a 7 year old step son for 2.5 years now & he is so manipulative although his father excuses this saying how hard the sitiation is for his son. I feel there is no excuse & excusing it is just going to make things worse in the long ...
wonderwomanwendy | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Step Parenting Community Resources