Aa
A
A
Close

Step Parenting Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

81 - 100 (of 329) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
About 6 years ago my husband and I got custody of his 3 children from his first marriage. Their mother has some substance abuse problems that were a challenge throughout the years and have now led to her being permenantly disabled in a f...
  Posted
On occasion, we will eat out as a family when my 8 year old step-daughter visits. She stays with my husband and me about 2-4 nights a month. I have a 9 year old son. My husband and his ex are trying to get their daughter to eat better (s...
  Posted
I came across this forum by chance while desperately searching for anyone else out there that may be feeling the same way as I. My experience with step kids so far has been a very negative one despite my best intentions. Unfortunately th...
  Posted
282524 tn?1348492612
HI everyone...... I have a 5 year old step daughter, me and my husband have been married almost 4 years. Brianna comes and stays with Us 2 weeks out of the month for 7 days and then goes back with her mom for the same amount of time, ...
  Posted
hi i met my husbands son when he was 18. He treats me like i dont exist, always asks his dad how his day was but never me. I make dinner at 5pm and he said hell find something else but when his dad cooks hes right there. I know i didnt ...
  Posted
My husband and I have been together for going on 3 years now living together and have a wonderful relationship. We dated on and off for an additional 3years prior in which time he had a child with his ex. He was not seeing his son at the...
  Posted
i have a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old with my partner... also 2 stepdaughters aged 8 and 10. all girls. partner and i have been together nearly 4 years. partner was split from his wife a good 2 years before i even met him. general...
  Posted
Hi all, I am new to this forum. My husband has two kids that we get every other weekend. One is 11 yr old girl and the other is 8 yr old boy. I have been in their lives since before the boy was born and since the girl 4. I feel like they...
  Posted
Hello Im 21 and my husband is 32. He has 2 kids from a previous relationship and we now have the kids for the summer since they are out of school. They are 7 & 8 yrs old. I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first child. My husband just star...
  Posted
My husband and I have been married for 15 years and together for 17 years. We have three children together. His son 18 from his first marriage, my daughter 17 from a previous relationship, and our son who is 14. The financial burden has ...
  Posted
I am married to a man who has two thirty-something children. Unbeknownst to me, the son was very troubled and has been an active alcoholic, has not been able to hold a job, and won't get psychological help. Luckily, he doesn't live wit...
  Posted
I have a great marriage and we rarely argue except when it comes my 18yr old stepdaughter. She has been spoiled by her mother who does all for her and expects nothing. If she disrespects or otherwise offends me, my wife openly supports h...
  Posted
I have been dating my significant other for about a year. I bought a house and his oldest boy (19) lives with us and we get his youngest (5) every other weekend. Last night we found a picture the youngest drew of me. In this picture i...
  Posted
I have been with my husband since my step daughter was 18 months old....she is now 5. You would think by this time her mother would be used to me but all she does is cause drama and create problems. She goes WAY to far sometimes too. For...
  Posted
i m dealing with 10 year old step daughter and she is destroying my marriage by manipulating and lying and all that crap all day long she is good with me as long as she sees her dad talking to me or us laughing together she gets so jelo...
  Posted
Hello, I am reasonably new to step- parenting and I ask these questions knowing I have much to learn. I am also respectful of the fact that these kids are my partner's and she has every right to choose the way her kids are raised. I by ...
  Posted
Ok so I love my husband to death and I defiantly trust him but Ive never been with a man who has kids from a previous relationship its like all new to me . I have 2 sons but the dad isn't in my kids life n I'm also 13 wks pregnant with o...
  Posted
I have a 12 year old step daughter that has lived in my home for 8 years now. I have two other children with her father that are also in the home. Her biological mother sees her on the scheduled visitation. She has been seeing a couns...
  Posted
My 10 year old son loves his new Stepdad but his behaviour really makes his SD angry at times. I worry this is never going to be resolved and will only get worse if we can't get some help. Problems with my son's behaviour include: moan...
  Posted
I got together with my husband that had 3 kids that he had full time. I knew it was going to be hard because he had a 9 year old daughter which is 10 now. His daughter and i was so close for a while. Then Marques and I got married in the...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Step Parenting Community Resources