Aa
A
A
Close

Step Parenting Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

81 - 100 (of 325) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
hi i met my husbands son when he was 18. He treats me like i dont exist, always asks his dad how his day was but never me. I make dinner at 5pm and he said hell find something else but when his dad cooks hes right there. I know i didnt ...
nancy551 | Last answer
My husband and I have been together for going on 3 years now living together and have a wonderful relationship. We dated on and off for an additional 3years prior in which time he had a child with his ex. He was not seeing his son at the...
sliz61 | Last answer
i have a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old with my partner... also 2 stepdaughters aged 8 and 10. all girls. partner and i have been together nearly 4 years. partner was split from his wife a good 2 years before i even met him. general...
tiredmummy | Last answer
Hi all, I am new to this forum. My husband has two kids that we get every other weekend. One is 11 yr old girl and the other is 8 yr old boy. I have been in their lives since before the boy was born and since the girl 4. I feel like they...
UnsureMS | Last answer
Hello Im 21 and my husband is 32. He has 2 kids from a previous relationship and we now have the kids for the summer since they are out of school. They are 7 & 8 yrs old. I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first child. My husband just star...
jcates92 | Last answer
My husband and I have been married for 15 years and together for 17 years. We have three children together. His son 18 from his first marriage, my daughter 17 from a previous relationship, and our son who is 14. The financial burden has ...
racgarcia | Last answer
I am married to a man who has two thirty-something children. Unbeknownst to me, the son was very troubled and has been an active alcoholic, has not been able to hold a job, and won't get psychological help. Luckily, he doesn't live wit...
smokey308 | Last answer
I have a great marriage and we rarely argue except when it comes my 18yr old stepdaughter. She has been spoiled by her mother who does all for her and expects nothing. If she disrespects or otherwise offends me, my wife openly supports h...
Snozzlewad | Last answer
I have been dating my significant other for about a year. I bought a house and his oldest boy (19) lives with us and we get his youngest (5) every other weekend. Last night we found a picture the youngest drew of me. In this picture i...
Granola000 | Last answer
I have been with my husband since my step daughter was 18 months old....she is now 5. You would think by this time her mother would be used to me but all she does is cause drama and create problems. She goes WAY to far sometimes too. For...
TRB2010 | Last answer
i m dealing with 10 year old step daughter and she is destroying my marriage by manipulating and lying and all that crap all day long she is good with me as long as she sees her dad talking to me or us laughing together she gets so jelo...
7861 | Last answer
Hello, I am reasonably new to step- parenting and I ask these questions knowing I have much to learn. I am also respectful of the fact that these kids are my partner's and she has every right to choose the way her kids are raised. I by ...
JaneSuss | Last answer
Ok so I love my husband to death and I defiantly trust him but Ive never been with a man who has kids from a previous relationship its like all new to me . I have 2 sons but the dad isn't in my kids life n I'm also 13 wks pregnant with o...
jen_ortiz | Last answer
I have a 12 year old step daughter that has lived in my home for 8 years now. I have two other children with her father that are also in the home. Her biological mother sees her on the scheduled visitation. She has been seeing a couns...
momstepmom04 | Last answer
My 10 year old son loves his new Stepdad but his behaviour really makes his SD angry at times. I worry this is never going to be resolved and will only get worse if we can't get some help. Problems with my son's behaviour include: moan...
newbie_77 | Posted
I got together with my husband that had 3 kids that he had full time. I knew it was going to be hard because he had a 9 year old daughter which is 10 now. His daughter and i was so close for a while. Then Marques and I got married in the...
jess2785 | Last answer
I have recently atarted having my fiance's 13 yr old an 10 yr old boys over. I also have a 2 yr old son an pregnant again. Well the 13 yr old an my son get along good. But the 10 yr old is very rude and mean to my son. He makes ugly com...
Kayti_May | Last answer
3136223_tn?1367964316
I'm engaged to a wonderful man. He has a 2 year old from a previous relationship. I love his son like my own. His biological mother doesn't see him (maybe for a weekend every 6 months). She's not even a year older than me (she was born i...
KaylaMarie25 | Last answer
I have come to an impasse and don't know what to do. My husband and I have been together for 10 years. He had a 5 yr old little girl when we met that he has full custody of. I have raised her since then. Part of issue is that all alon...
luckymomof2 | Last answer
1308443_tn?1302696921
I'm not a step parent but I have 2 step parents. I love my step mom. She and her family treat me like family. I have a very good bond with my step mom, grandpa, aunt, and brother. But at Mom's which is where I am most of the time is wher...
Monkeymorgan | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Step Parenting Community Resources