Aa
A
A
Close

Support for Family Members and Friends of Addicts Group

This forum is for people who are trying to help family members or friends with their addiction problems. It is a way to share experiences and to exchange information related to your experiences with helping an addict in their recovery efforts. It is also a place for people with addiction (alcohol, drugs etc.) issues to ask for advice and help.

1 - 20 (of 16) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for two years now. We've lived together for one. I knew he had struggled with addition previously when he was younger, but thought he was staying clean and sober. About 8-9 months ago, he con...
confusediam600 | Posted
Please help me. My best friend told me yesterday that she is addicted to hydros. She's going in Monday to start Suboxone in hopes that this will stop her habit. She has had, up to, a $150.00 a day habit. I want very badly to help her, su...
jmp5255 | Posted
Please help me. My best friend told me yesterday that she is addicted to hydros. She's going in Monday to start Suboxone in hopes that this will stop her habit. She has had, up to, a $150.00 a day habit. I want very badly to help her, su...
jmp5255 | Posted
I just found out this morning that my husband of 24 years is snorting pain pills, he doesn't have a prescription for them he gets them from a friend who does. He says he's been doing it for about 4 months but the problem has definitely i...
Angry1967 | Posted
DECODE (www.decode.net) and Annick Press (www.annickpress.com) have partnered to create a book for kids about how addiction impacts families. We are seeking participants between roughly 18 and 30 years of age who are willing to share...
thedecoder | Last answer
I feel like a jackass even writing this but I just need someone to talk to about this. My ex and I have known each other since 1969, off and on relationship. We got married in 1998 and I had to file for divorce in 2008 because of his unm...
Tankweti | Posted
1736094_tn?1314760990
Hello All. I am the wife of a wonderful man, who is addicted to pain killers. You name it, he has either been on it or tried. It began when he was injured in Iraq. Now, finally, he has decided to go to treatment. He did a 2 week det...
Tipsbabygirl | Last answer
I am the father of a 19 year old girl. I don't know where to begin. We reluctantly sent our happy seemingly well adjusted daughter away to college two years ago. She has been attending college in Ithaca, NY. Since then, there have been...
desperate07836 | Last answer
I have a 26 yr old son who is an opiate addict and lives with me. He has overdosed twice , the last time was late October. He then said he wanted to quit and went to rehab. He stayed only 7 days stating he did not need to be there any mo...
momslove63 | Last answer
Hi there! I'm a member of the Addiction and Recovery group. I read a very powerful post from 2007 on the subject of forgiveness, and I found myself wanting to add to that discussion. Since the post was back in August '07 I thought I'd b...
Discography | Last answer
Hey guys, I am new here. I recently joined because I am lost on how to approach and support my boyfriend's pain pill addiction. He's now aware, and he's scared. Im just not sure how to help him. It scares me everyday that these pills wil...
lilly34 | Last answer
Sounds simple enough but not really. What I mean is that my loved one is running the streets of a major city. He is in a different area every few days. I don't know where he sleeps. He does not appear to be showering or eating. His d...
trimama | Last answer
1167108_tn?1328442913
by Dazon50 , Aug 30, 2010 03:53AM I came across this while reaching for healing things this morning: .................. HOW TO FORGIVE SOMEONE WHO HAS HURT YOU August 14, 2007 3:39 PM If you have intense anger in your heart...
Tab57 | Posted
1167108_tn?1328442913
Helping others with addcition issues can be just as much of a roller coaster experience for the person providing help as it is for the person being helped. This is where we can share experiences and exchange ideas in conjunction wiiht he...
Tab57 | Last answer
1167108_tn?1328442913
I have a 21 year old nephew who has had issues with both drugs and alcohol. He has had his ups and downs and most all of his downs have been linked to either drugs or alcohol. I am the father figure in his life as his Dad passes away...
Tab57 | Last answer
1167108_tn?1328442913
The below was submitted by another Med Help member and I think it is incredibly on target. Please share it with anyone who may benefit from reading it. You will not STAY clean IF YOU… Refuse to admit you’re an addict. Keep you...
Tab57 | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1641357_tn?1322528430
Blank
tgtiffany is tired Comment
11/13
Blank
ROSYouralright commented on photo
11/13
Blank