Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Variety of symptoms, is it MS?

For approximately 9 months I've had symptoms that come and go. It started with abnormal sensations on my legs, tingling and numbness. I had 2 MRI of the spine and brain which showed 2 lesions, one in the front left side of my head, the other one in the back of my head. The other tests (evoked potential, lumbar puncture, EEG) are normal. Other symptoms include weakness in one arm (comes and goes) and painful sensation on the side of my face. I also have several areas on my back along the spine and side of the face that feel completely numb. That has not changed. On two different occasions after being overheated I've experienced extreme tiredness and I
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i have been having similar symptoms for 13 yrs, every test done under the moon, possibly endometriosis.  For me that is.
Helpful - 0
Hi Laenana, I'm no doctor, but given your negative test results (other than MRI) has your neuro talked about the possibility that it could be complicated migraine? Sounds too simple I know, and you're probably thinking 'but I didn't have a headache as such', but this, although its pretty horrid in itself, is not as bad as MS and can be treated. Complicated migraine can occur without the headache - where you get the aura phase for an extended period and so it causes stroke-like symptoms. I had a similar experience to you, with many other MS symptoms, it lasted for 3 months and I have some lasting deficits as a result. Migraines can cause lesions on MRI. My MRI was clear which was a real suprise to my neuro given the symptoms and he says there are only three other possibilities that fit: Major stress (not in my case, although plenty since) Hyperventilation syndrome (overbreathing - again, not in my case - I under breath if anything) and complicated migraine. He wants to wait and see if I have another major attack (didn't get to see him until I had greatly improved) before giving a definate diagnosis, but hes started me on preventative meds (which I must admit I have stopped due to side effects that are worse than is usual - need to see him again) just in case thats what it is. I hope its not MS and wish you well.
Helpful - 0
Read by several posts ago of mine.   I can relate with the weakness and strange feeling in the head.  1st time ever happened and scary.  Couldnt hardly walk and kinda lost thought.  Started in my neck and could be a pinched nerve.  Could be thyroid if you get small tremors, having it checked.  Also could be dehydration, low blood sugar.  I didnt eat or drink anything that entire day when that happened.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.