Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How long does Vicodin

I have been on different Narcotics over the last 3 years for migraines and neck pain.  I believe that I am now becoming addicted because I find that I will go to ANY length to get them.  I was recently prescribed some Fioricet (15 tabs), which I took over 2 days.  I was then able to get a hold of some Vicodin, and I took about 12 tablets in a 24 hour period.  I was just notified at work that there will be a random drug testing, and in case I'm selected, I need to know how long each of these drugs stays in my system?  This is a really BIG scare for me, as I fear losing my job, so I am going to get some HELP immediately!  Thanks for your help today.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you'd like to seek some help with addiction, try <a href="http://www.smartrecovery.org"target="_blank">SMART Recovery</a>.  SMART uses proven methods for dealing with urges and the like.

While the entire method may be a bit of overkill for you, the common sense techniques vary greatly from 12 step methods and you decide what you'd like to do and use.
Helpful - 0
I don't know too much about Fioricet except that it contains acetaminiphen as does Vicodin.   Was the Fioricet prescribed by a doctor for you?  Sorry but I don't know how long these meds stay in your system.  Perhaps if you have an RX for the Fioricet, you could use that RX if you are tested.   Vicoden is very addictive - the withdrawral symptoms are horrible as I
have been through them.    Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.