Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

severe headaches

I have a lump that has formed on the top of my head that is now causing severe headaches, blurry vision. The lump started out small towards the front of my scalp and is now about the size of a small gumball and is more toward the middle/top of my head. It wasn't caused by any type of trauma, any idea's as to what the lump is or what would cause it?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the info!! Hopefully that's all it is, I'll see a Dr. coming up. I'm in college, in the middle of mid-terms so I'll live with the headaches for a bit...thanks again.
Helpful - 0
pyroall41:

A sebaceous cyst is a rounded swollen area of the skin formed by an abnormal sac of retained excretion (sebum) from the sebaceous follicles.

I am guessing that your lump might be this, however I have never heard of them causing headaches and blurred vision.

You need to be evaluated by your family doctor, for the severe headaches and the blurry vision.
This is not an emergency, you don't need to go to the E.R.

Hope this helps,
Carol

Helpful - 0
By the way...what is a sebacious cyst? Is this something that will go away w/time or do I need to suck it up and go to the E.R.? I appreciate any help!!!
Helpful - 0
No unfortunetly that takes insurance, and up until recently the lump hasn't bothered me. Now it feels like someone is standing on my head.
Helpful - 0
Possibley a sebacious cyst.

Have you had this examined by a physician?

Carol
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.