Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Blood Test Results

Hello,

A bit over a month ago I was sent by my local doctor for a full blood test. Everything was fine except for a high white blood cell count. My white blood cell count was 11000. The normal range I am led to believe is between 4000 and 11000. My doctor asked me to get another test done in a month, and I did last Friday. The count this time was 13000. He has asked to see me in a weeks time where i'll do another blood test. I was told by his secretary that everything is alright. I currently do not have any other ailments/conditions. I am confused??? What do these results mean???

Thankyou,

Scottoz
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for that info... I was just a bit confused because they didn't tell me anything.. Once again, thanks
Helpful - 0
A raised white blood count can be an indicator of infection.  Your white count isn't raised very much above normal.  The body is always being invaded by bacterial and viral "bugs" that need to be fought.  Each time, WBCs are raised until the "bug" has been irradicated.  Most of the time you don't know it is happening. It sounds like the doctor is letting the WBCs do their job, but is watching just to make sure they don't need a little help. If other symptoms occur, like a fever, let your doc know, otherwise don't worry.  The little soldiers are out there doing what they do best.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.