Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Transitory Vascular Compression

Hi Demiguise , Thanks for that very complex comment. Its took me this long to read it. I know nothing about physiology so please bear with me. Are you saying that Transitory Vascular compression of the brain and neck could cause all my symptoms. I did manage to find an article which did say something to that affect. I do not have any sinus pain/trouble or with upper lip ( think That was Jenny Wren.) Wouldn't this have been picked up on a brain scan? or are there other tests I could ask for. I,m living in hope anyway. xxChris
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Demi Thanks yet again . I get periods where i think somethings causing these bizzare set of symptoms and go at it like a dog to a bone if you know what I mean. Then when something new crops up I get a bit low  and just accept it. You can guess what mood I,m in at the mo. Its just everytime I mention other possibilities to my Drs they just say oh its neurological . There seems to be a total intolerance on their part to accept something else is going on. I think I get what you mean anyway. I must admitt I struggle a bit with the medical terminolgy and the way each part of the system interacts but I will have a look. I personally think theres a mixture of things going on but unfortunately once you get dropped in a box Neurological ? they don't look outside of it your quite right.  Apologies for taking up so much of your time I do appreciate your assistance. Your spellings fine by the way . My hubby has hand tremors so I know it must be hard for you sometimes. Have a nice day .
XX Chris
Helpful - 0
RE: There seems to be a total intolerance on their part to accept something else is going on.

Some Dr.'s aren't open to suggestions simply because they think that they are the only ones in the world that can have any medical knowledge. I have had a couple of Dr.'s who blew me off when I made suggestions to them, and later I was proven right through appropriate testing by a new Dr. I have had to ditch a couple of them. On the bright side, if you get a Dr. that is not stuck on themselves, then you can work as a team. I had an infertiity Dr. insist that I had PCOS, and even when I got a 2nd opinion from the Jones Institute (known worldwide for the first test tube baby) he still told me that I was wrong and so were they. I never went back to him. I knew what part of my problem was when I went in to him, and the other half of the problem, he would have noticed if he'd been any good. It was plain as day on the blood tests he did. Long story short, I got a new Dr., and I now have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. If your Dr.'s think you don't know what you're talking about, remember that it's your body, and your life, and try to get a new Dr.
Helpful - 0
Hi, Nice to hear from you.Congratulations re your daughter . Pleased to hear a success story as there are that many ones like mine on this forum.
  I don't know how it works where you are but in the uk if your an NHS patient you have no rights to insist on a change of Dr . You can ask but doesnt mean you get one.
Good on you anyway for being so asssertive its hard when your dealing with Drs who just wont listen.  I faxed my neurologist a letter today  so I didnt forget issues I wanted to discuss when I see her in JUlY.  I,ll have to see what happens from there won't I. XX chris
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.