Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ms and diagnosis

I recently went to the neurologist for several symtoms- Upon examination she said my movements were normal.  However I am a 35 year old female and she wants to rule out MS.  I have no history of MS in the family but my symptoms are the following: Cold extremities, memory problems, muscle weakness etc.  My question is I am extremely anemic and have neck and lower back problems- Is it possible that my symptoms are from some of these things?  I am suppose to take an MRI and am afraid of the test. I was in it once before and had a panic attack and I am not a clostrophobic person generally.  I think I am also afraid of the results.  I am young and getting married this fall and I am hoping that these symptoms could possibly be a collection of other things that arent quite as serious. Can neck problems cause weakness in arms and legs and " brain fog" ?  I am heavy and losing weight and very out of shape- I was hoping that the muscle fatigue I have thru out my body is from being out of shape and lack of exercise.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Maybe you can ask for a valium before the test?
Helpful - 0
Why do you think it is MS? Your symptoms sound like they could be caused by liver issues to me, you should have your liver enzymes checked out. Get tested for hep a b and c just for peace of mind while you are at it and be checked for fatty liver or other liver ailments.
Helpful - 0
Kalio: Thanks- they already did hep tests- and every blood test had was normal- but Neuroligically I dont feel right.  I get tingling everywhere - my right eye keeps getting funky- all sorts of weird stuff..and I know I have to take this MRI- I am going to use valium- just to get thru it.  I think Ill feel better when I know one way or the other- the waiting is the worst.. Thanks all for your suggestions and replying to me...If anyone out there has been diagnosed with MS how did you know you had it?? WHat were your symptoms????
Helpful - 0
I'm in the midst of the same kind of stuff you are in.  I have numbness, tingling, coldness and some loss of sensation on my left side.  I have been having headaches and my left eye has pressure and pain behind it.  I had an MRI about 6-7 months ago -I took a Xanax before hand and I think it helped me some.  I ended up in the dr. office again today b/c I woke up in the middle of the night with a feeling of being electrocuted and I was paralyzed. I could NOT move!  It was very frightening - and I have felt "weird" since it happened.  As we speak, my left side is not completely numb - just loss of sensation.  I know it's scarry and we all think the worst.  I know I do - I have a history of heart disease, diabetes, MS, ALS, and breast cancer in my family!  Geez....no wonder I'm having problems!  Hopefully, the MRI will help to ease your fears.
Good Luck and Peace to you,
Charley
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.