Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Not sciatica..lesion in spine

I had posted a question back on 5/20 asking if anyone had heard of the symptoms I was having with lower back and buttox pain, and pains that radiate in my legs.  I was told I has sciatica as one point.  Well I have new info now.  I had an MRI done this week and now am being referred to a Neuro Surgeon.  I was told that I have a lession in my spine by my L2.  From what research I have done this is the Femoral Nerve.  The Doc says that the lesion is compressing the nerve and causing the pain that I am feeling.  Sounds legit to me based on info avail, that this nerve goes into the legs and if injured or compressed will cause numbness, tingling or pain.  My question is, is there anyone out there that has had this problem and what ended up being the resolution to correct it.  Is surgery going to be indefinite to remove the lesion?  I am terrified, I have a new baby that I nurse and do not want to loose this enjoyment.  Is there anything that I can do on my own to help relieve the pain from the lsion?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, lesion on spine was started.
Helpful - 0
My 12 y/0 grand daughter has a lesion in her spine, numbness in her legs and a few lesions on her brain.  they think she has MS.
I don't think you can remove lesions.
Helpful - 0
What did you find out from the neuro surgeon???What were all your symptoms???
Helpful - 0
I have only been told that it is not a herniated disk.  From my research the sciatic nerve does not start till the L3 or L4.  My lesion is on the L2.  Hopefully I may know more this week after seeing the Neuro Surgeon.
Helpful - 0
Did the doc tell you what this lesion is from?  I too have problems with my lower back and tops of legs, I was told its sciatica also.  Can a herniated disk cause this lesion?  Hope you feel better.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.