Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

humming in head , pins and needles in hands,feet and legs

What could be causing the humming in my head varying from loud to low.  I am a 63 year old male, I woke up 2 weeks ago with severe pain from the knees down, then it went to my feet, with pins and needles and a burning sensation on the bottom of my feet.  The humming in my head is intolerable at times, it's as though it happened all at one time.  Went to Dr.,had blood tests that have come back ok.  Being referred to neurologist, it appears that the Dr's. can not diagnose this, neurontin was prescribed.  With so many people I've read about, with some of the same sypmtoms, somebody would know. Is this an issue of anxiety or some disorder in the brain?  How do I deal with it? Thank you, will be waiting for your response
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have in the past had the exact same symptoms when I would drink too much over many days, and then stop. It would last for many days after I had stopped drinking, and then go away completely. I can't say what your problem is/was, but mine certainly was due to alcohol abuse. I wish you luck, and hope it has cleared up for you because I know what torture it is. Also, pins, needles, and on some occasions, peripheral neuropathy are quite common with the onset of diabetes.
Helpful - 0
DO you experience dizziness, weakness, vision changes?  If so, this could be cardivascular in nature, not neurolgic.  Do you have any pain or swelling in your legs/feet.  This could also be cardivascular.  Or, you could have vertigo.  There is a modication commonly used to correct this. Are you diabetic? The problem could be endocrine.  

Make sure to follow up with your doc.  If you experience chest pain, shortness of breath, severe weakness go to the ER!  I presume your blood tests included a CBC (blood count), CMP (metabolic panel).  Did the check your serum magnesium level; serum ferritin or total IBC (iron binding)?  

Hope you feel better.
Helpful - 0
were you taking any antibiotics/
Helpful - 0
You should definately get an MRI of your brain and see 1) a neurologist (who probably won't find anything) and 2) an otolaryngologist at a major school of medicine somewhere.  This is not medical advice, just my opinion based on my experiences.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.