Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Lymph node swelling, throat problems and overall concerns

I have before written in a list of symptoms.  I am concerned about my health and never have been before.  I have given these symptoms to my Dr. and I like her but she is never overly concerned so I do not want to become a hypochondriac.  I will be seeing her Monday and wanted to know what tests I should ask for so I can stop being concerned?  I think if I said I wanted the following tests to rule things out, she would be fine with that.  I seldom have time to finish up with her in an appointment so want to come prepared.

Some History:  I am a 44 year old female PE teacher.  My dad died at age 53 of Non-Hodgekins Lymphoba and I now have a very close friend who I talk daily with who has cancer.  I therefore am concerned these symptoms could point to that.  I went on the anti-depressant Effexor 3 months ago as I was crying easily, had joint and muscle aches and was always tired.It has helped the crying and some of the joint and muscle aching.

My symptoms are:
1. swollen lymph nodes on and off in my neck and groin.  Right now I have a small swelling in my groin and neck, very small though.

2.  I am always tired!  I nap everyplace.  Even take a 10 minute nap at my lunch break.  I have always been this way.

3.  I feel like there is something stuck in my throat, bothers me a lot and I am often hoarse.

4.  Feel sick to my stomach but do not get sick.

5.  Have Roscea on my face and my skin itches and I have a rash on my leg and back that itches.

6.  Sticky eyes...think it is the pollen.

What tests should I request?  Also, night sweats and panics.

Thank-you!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, I have had the swollen lymph nodes on  and off for a year or so but always thought they were fighting off an infection. I have always been tired, even as a child, took lots of naps but have a harder time waking up from naps.  Can't seem to make my eyes open!  The rash is on my upper leg and I have a patch on  my upper back.  Itches like crazy.  I had something similar around 10 years ago but just isn't going away.  Guess I will find out more at the Dr.s tomorrow but she atributes it all to anxiety and depression and I am on effexor but still seem to have issues.  My throat feels like there is something stuck in it and for the past few days I have had a slight sore throat.  I am worried as my dad had non-hodgekins lymphoba but I think it may just all be allergy related.  I just want answers as I am not generally a health worrier!
Helpful - 0
How long have you been noticing the enlarged nodes and the symptome? The other question I have is how extreme is the itching and is it on your lower legs?
Helpful - 0
P.S Write a list of symptoms beforehand so you wont forget anything important when your there.
Helpful - 0
Hi there, I've just read your concerns about your health and can relate many of them with problems that I have experienced, especially the feeling of an obstruction in the throat, tirednes and feeling sick and sweating at night.

I think that stress can be a big factor in many of such sympoms and the more you worry about it the more apparent it seems. My doctor said that I may have had some form of post viral syndrome, where the bodies immune system can over re-act to a pathegen, causing irritations, regular gland swelling, lack of energy and a general imbalance of the bodies chemistry.

Anyway just remember that your doctor works for you and just explain your concerns.

Try not to worry.
Regards, Paul
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.