Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

death by cardiac catheterization

Read the following description and answer:Was my mother's death a result of a misdiagnosis?
My mother was awakened one night with unbelievable pain in her right, big toe whick almost instantly turned black and blue! Approx. 3 weeks later, she was rushed to hospital due to breathing problems. X-Rays were taken and fluid on lungs was diagnosed. She was moved from this initial hospital to a larger center where she was diagnosed as having had a mild heart attack. She remained in hospital for 8 days and was treated for such. I found out later that those x-rays that showed fluid on lungs never arrived at 2nd hospital.She was discharged 8 days later and sent home for 30 days to await an appointment for a dye test(cardiac catheterization) Six hours after being discharged from hospital, she suffered congestive heart failure! She stayed in hospital for 9 days before taking dye test. Approx. 30 hours after having taken dye test, my mother died, cause of death(according to death certificate) Profound Shock due to Multiple Cholesteral Emboli: Cardiac Catheterization, Severe Coronory Artery Disease: and, finally, Myocardial Dysfunction
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
SORRY ON THE LOSS TO YOUR MOTHER. It is unfortate but think that it was just her time. maybe some things could have been done somewhat different by the docs. but i think you need to deal with the grief and the memories of your mom hold them close,life is precious and a vaper. never no when its time.
Helpful - 0
It sounds like your mother was on her way to heavan regardless of the diagnosis. Sometimes things are too far gone to do anything. This is the problem here. You don't just get chf- congestive heart failure- you develop it over time with symptoms including; swollen ankles, fluid retention in lungs etc ... At that point things are not good. It can be reversed but must be caught early enough. Did u have a good life with her? Cherish that because it appears she was on a road of no return.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.