Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pulsing and pain below my left ribs

For about the past 5 months I have been having occasional pain below my left ribs. The pain will happen every few days, and along with the pain comes a sort of pulsing. If I lift up my shirt I can see the area moving up and down a little bit. The pain isn't unbearable or anything. And last night I was out drinking and today I had really bad pain in that area and it pulsed for about an hour straight, something that has never happened before. But I have been drinking many times in the past 5 months and never has it went on for an hour. I am going to make an appointment to see a doctor I just want any ideas about what might be wrong before I go. I am also a 19 year or female, if that makes any difference lol
Any suggestions or anything that might help me would be awesome.
thanx!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well thanks everyone for there input, I will mention the pancrease to my doctor when I go. I am also going to try a soft diet like you had mentioned, and try drinking much more water. Thanks :)
Helpful - 0
127512 tn?1193742216
I had the same problem quite sometime ago. It was my pancrease. Docs don't know why sometimes it gets inflamation. I went on a soft diet. Saltines, jello, mashed potatoes, macoroni, sweet potatoes just soft foods and no spices. Oh and water. Worked for me.
Helpful - 0
I'd stop drinking for one thing that wil only compicate the situation and have them check your liver function and also your heart function.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.