Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chest Pain

Have had Chest Pain since Aug 05, mostly in the left side and the pain is 5/10 on a pain threshold. Other symt Cold and Clammy, loss of apatite, radiating pain in right leg, tight and sore back muscles, very tender to touch all over rib area, very lethargic.

Tests so far: lots of ECG's, cholesterol, VQ scan for PE in the lungs, chest x-ray x 2 one for lungs and one for bones, ultrasound for gallstones, ultrasound to DVT in right leg.

Trails so far: series of anti inflammatory (naprosyn 1000mg a day for 7 days) Somac 40mg twice a day for 7 days, Indocid 25mg six times a day for 7 days.

most recent test, a bone scan of my chest to look for inflammation of the joint in the sternum.

The Hospital current think that it is some form of arthritis or costochondritis.

Any help that you could give would be great, if you can not provide any help is there anything else that I sould be asking my Dr about.

Many Thanks

Darwinboy

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Just some additional info that might be useful Aug 05 my weight was 96kg dec 05 my weight was 80kg I have kept consent around the 80kg mark, my weight at the moment is 79kg
Helpful - 0
Other info:

The pain is a stabing like pain (not squeezing)

I am a non smoker and have not drank for about 18months
Helpful - 0
I can relate to your pain ( see my post dated 02/02/06, chest pain / undiagnosed ). Although the type of pain is somewhat different, it souds familiar. I have done some research and am looking into the costochrondritis as well. Keep me posted and good luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.