Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ears and Eyes

Having problems with ears and eyes.  Had head MRI done 3 months ago said tiny scattered areas of increased white matter signal.  At the time had it done for a numb/pressure like feeling daily.  One neuro concerned possible MS.  2nd opinion said not to worry about that, its a fairly normal result and probably just tiny vessels.  2 weeks after head MRI my ears started to cause problems.  Cant tolerate any noise when its quiet.  Like dishes I cant do it.  And its just in left ear now that as soon as its quiet my ear makes a dub dub dub noise really fast.  In the car Im fine.  Turn the car off there comes the dub dub noise.  ENT mentioned maybe Stapedial muscle and cutting it.  Eyes- past two weeks getting fuzzy vision both eyes intermittenly during the day.  Like my eye looks through a thin piece of plastic.  Also getting a very sharp pain 5 or 6 times a day left jaw area that feels like what a toothache feels like.  Neuro thought maybe hemicrania.  When I walk, on occasion one of my legs will kinda not bend and stiffen with a step and then its ok after.  And finally past couple weeks when I type and write i get letters backwards or say the wrong word like weather instead of whether.  Gotten really bad.   Question is could a brain tumor cause all of this, and could it develop just a short time after the MRI.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
144787 tn?1308317198
YOU KNOW JUST B/C YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PAIN IN THE NECK DOENS'T MEAN IT'S NOT THE NECK. YOU CAN HAVE NO PAIN AT ALL IN YOUR NECK B/C IT'S RELATING TO PROBLEMS ELSEWHERE IN YOUR BODY. I WOULD SUGGEST A CHIROPRACTOR, BUT I SUGGEST A CHIRO TO EVERYONE. I LOVE MINE AND WOULDN'T CHANGE GOING TO HIM FOR THE WORLD. HE'S HELPED WITH SO MAY PROBLEMS. I WOULDN'T SUGGEST A PSYCHOLOGIST OR PSYCHIATRIST, YOU DON'T WON'T TO BE MEDED UP. YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM AT HAND. SOMETIMES THE SIMPLEST ANSWER IS THE RIGHT ONE. AND CHIRO'S CAN HELP WITH TMJ, SINCE IT'S ALL CERVICAL RELATED ANYWAY.......... JUST A SUGGESTION
Helpful - 0
Hi Josh, I know its hard to keep your mind off your health when you're dealing with all these frightening symptoms that keep changing, so maybe a psychologist might help you to deal with it. BUT, I'm here to say DON"T stop looking for answers!. I've been searching for answers for 20 years - started with why do I feel like I'm walking on the moon and why do I feel like my heads stuffed with cotton wool?. More recently, at age 37, the questions were so many, when I got to the doctors, I didn't know where to start!. Don't know if you've read any of my posts, but I thought I had MS last year - the physician was pretty sure too as I seemed to fit the mould in every way, except the MRI was normal!. So I was diagnosed with possible complicated migraine and sent away with mind numbing meds - like that was a good enough answer. Noone in the med profession seemed to care about what caused them and got annoyed with me for asking.
During these years of constant difficulties, I have tried so many different alternative treatments with no real lasting difference made, I have seen 5 different osteopaths alone - each saying they can 'cure' me, but they never did. But one thing I learned - no 2 practitioners are the same, so it could be worth trying another. You can't really say a particular treatment does'nt work as it may have just been that practitioner letting the side down.
Anyway, I was recently at the end of my teather again - with more neuro symptoms - eyes, ears, face pain (all same as you exactly)virtigo, and a spine that felt like it was on fire. Doc gave me more meds that did'nt work and so I decided to try one more osteopath I'd heard about. I've been seeing him for 4 weeks now - the first three weeks were hell - felt like he was killing me - he did'nt do any adjustments - just manipulations of my neck. ( said adjustments will only make it worse in the long run - which I have to agree with from experience) But I stuck with hima as I was desperate. Last week he said he finally knew what it all came from - that my Atlas joint (like you said - where skull meets spine) was jammed - he treated that area, and within 5 minutes, my head cleared for the first time in 20 years - it only lasted 2 hours, but it sure showed me what I'd been missing out on. He says its going to take some time to make a real difference, but already I've gone down to a 3 on the pain scale and I feel like I'm waking up from a very long sleep. I think you're probably on the right track with the crainiosacral massage, but find the right person. By the way, when my symptoms were at there worst, I had no neck pain at all - and the worst pain was in my thorasic area which has calmed right down. Osteo said that the body can't recognise many different types of pain at once and so it ignored the neck. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Actually I have no more of those pressure/numb type headaches that I had a couple months ago.  Headaches I have are from the searing pain my left jaw area or behind my eyes.  I have no pain in my neck, have full range of neck motion now and have for the past month.  My neck isnt causing me any problems.  My doctor wanted at ultrasound of my carotid arteries done.  That was 2 weeks ago and hadnt heard back so assumed it was ok.  Demi all the past posts I think doing some things fixed my neck.  Posture and physical therapy, and sleeping with a different pillow and towel rolled helped fix it.  These other syptoms keep coming up.  I thought since my neck feels better that they were seperate from it.   I think I may check into seeing a psychologist and try to get mind off of health.
Helpful - 0
7777: I think we go back to last year. I tried everything to
explain in a simple way & not too far to alot of physiology
terms. You've had over 30 posts that go from tumors to ALS. I'm
so sorry I wasn't able to help. I can't see your MRI but your
wording doesn't seem to be effecting the disruption of the lobes
that say 'tumor'. You are feeling bad. You don't sound like you
believe what any Dr./Chiro/PT/ENT/or me has to say. You have
many symptoms. The previous mentions I made, involved complexed systems from neck/head to ear. You have described a condition
that involves the occipital (main & sub)/autonomic functions
do to barometric pressure (indoors & out)/autonomic neuronal
firing. Those are the things that Dr.'s can't explain to you.
Your nerves are like a circuit board. Science can't always say which solder/relay is off because 'autonomic' means automatic.
If genetics is involved they may never know what they're looking
at. You can post & will always read that someone has similar.
Google exactly w/ quotes: "Trigeminocervical Complex"+IMT  and
scroll down to 'Discussion'. It will help you understand how
our spine/brain/ears/etc connect. You won't be able to know
what all the words mean but will help you believe your neck
problem is related to your head/ears. The C-spine C1 to C4 will
upset the cranial nerves CN5/7/9/10/11/12. Inflammation near
any of these send a chain reaction. The outcome will be differ
person to person. Keep going to your FP for trials of an rx to
help you cope w/ pain/stress. I told you that it took 8 yrs. to
dx myself. If they can find a cyst, they would see a tumor. I'm
guessing you're back to your bad posture. Walk tall & straight.
You're having alot of anxiety that is damaging your health.
Maybe do a print of 'discussion site' & ask Dr. abt it. You said
your FP was really good listener. That's very rare. Gd-luck.

Helpful - 0
Ok and I read the page that you had me google.  Maybe I should go back to possibly TMJ and get looked at as that seems to cause problems just about anywhere in the head and neck.  I do know Ive had two swedish massage last two months and there was a spot in my neck that actually when she rubbed sent chills into my head because it felt so good where the skull and neck meets.  A relaxed feeling.  Maybe it still is neck then even if my neck feels better.  Gonna check into craniosacral massage and have my left jaw looked at for TMJ.
Helpful - 0
Brain tumor, probably not.  Have you investigated TMJ?  TMJ is a jaw-type disorder that can cause the pain like a toothache and can make your ears do weird junk, which could probably affect your vision.
Helpful - 0
Hi Just thought I,d let you know I have all the symptoms you have plus a host of others which have cropped up. I can't offer any answers I,m sorry but I haven't got a diagnosis myself other than an undiagnosed neurological disorder. I,m sure someone else will have some ideas. Best Of luck. Chris
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.