Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

swollen lymph glands in neck and clavicle areas

i have osteoarthritus from neck to spine, compressed dics etc. In mid-April I had seveve bone pain and severe fatique. These symptoms have remained. I also am at times unbalanced and in a type of a fog. I now have swollen lymph glands under my arms(this was a while back) and swollen glands in my clavicle about the size of an egg and neck. this all spread in about a months time . one to the other. I have have x-rayhs bone scans and mri's. The bone scan showed dental disease and activity in lumbar region and the brain mri showed paranasal disease with some lesions. MS was ruled out. Now my rheumotologist had me take the mri for MS again but it looks ruled out. He also thinks I have Lupus because my DS DNA is over 500 but my ANA is negative. He's thinking about starting treatment for lupus but is having me take more blood tests. Shouldn't he concentrate now on these lymph nodes. I was on a very strong antibiotic augmentin  and something else for 10 days and that's when the lymph node action began nolt started to go away...maybe this is not an infection.  I have extreme fatique swollen lymph glands flulike symptoms hot and the chills etc. Any advice please.....Raven
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
For the person who had the question listed can you please email me at ***@****  

I am having a lot of the same symptoms and they all came on really fast. I was wondering what different tests they have ran.

They just did an MRI on me 2 days ago and I haven't received the results yet.  My right lymp node is also swollen, sore throat. My entire body aches one day and then the next I may have a headache or just really bad dizziness. Maybe one day of the week I feel kinda good if I am lucky and my husband does not understand.  I am 42 and this just suddenly came on.

Thanks,
avonlady1
Helpful - 0
Hi Duchess, Sorry, I just read all you wrote about what's going on in your life (I read it previously) I've just been in a tizz. I hope all goes well with you. Obviously, U can x out the part in my previous note where I asked u to share. Talk to u soon....Raven
Helpful - 0
I want you to try and relax a little.  I felt just as you did, but have found out that some doctors just don't have a good "bedside manner" so to speak. But some of the ones with bad personalities are the smartest ones.  In other words, if the oncologist thought you had cancer she would have ordered more tests.  I would however suggest blood tests.  There really isn't a way to "screen" for cancer. It is a combination of sypmtoms that compels a doctor to order additional tests.  For instance, Lymphoma is one of THE rarest forms of cancer in U.S.  Age, blood tests results, physical exam are necessary.  Your symptoms can be associated with many things such as thyroid problem.  The normal bone scan means you do not have bone cancer.  Try not to get frustrated, although I have been there myself.  Keep a daily journal of everything.  What you have eaten, how you feel, symptoms.  Bring this with you when you go for a visit along with questions.  Do not be pushed out of the office until you are satisfied.  If you think of any questions after the visit call the office.  Hang in there and keep me posted.
Helpful - 0
Hi . thanks for responding so fast. Today I have fever and chillsn and a cough -feel fluish--maybe a bad cold or the star of bronchitus. I found an oncologist to see on next Thursday. I asked if I can spend at least 15 min. with the Dr. to explain everything and was told honey, the Dr. has plans to spend an hour with you and it would be nice if you can bring all your reports and films a few days before hand. I am delighted. As for the other Dr. she really didn't examine me, didn't listen ti my symptoms or past symptoms or the fact I showed her the script from the Rhuemotologist the script to rule out or diagnose lymphoma. She waqnte3d to go home. So she wrote a script for a few blood tests and cat scanof mhy neck which I don't have to do because I have contrasted MRI's of myh n eck and because I called to say I am cancelling as I now have another dr. So that's the latest, next thurs. Duchess fill me in on your story if you'd like....Or anyone else who is reading this post and some of the struggles you've gone through...thanks raven
Helpful - 0
Hi Duchess, Today has been one of the worst experiences in my life. Thanks for being concerned. I really hope I hear from you tommorrow. After going through changes just trying to get diagnosed with whatever, because I'm only getting sicker all symptoms point all the more to lymphoma....I wen t to a Dr. who had a whole room full of people and I couldn't get a seat at first. Then after I had a 2 hour wait I was her last client. I waited some more in the patient room. When she finally come in, I told her I was very organized so It whould just take two minutes to go over my symptoms and a couple of X-Rays. Plus the script that the Rhuemotologist gave me to be tested for lymphoma. SHe let me talk for a minute. Said she'[s not a radiologist so she can't read mri's. Said get a blood test and a neck catscan eventhough i had a neck mri with contrast and come back in a month. Oh by the way this happened after she asked me what meds. I take . Guess she didn't believe me my mris and swollen lymph nodes because of my bipolarism. In 3 min she said we have to get out of here or the secretaries will be mad. I was Livid and mad. @hrs. for that. Then she said I'll see u in a month. I said What, You didn't listen to my symptoms and how sick I am, I won't make it. She said what do U mean. I said if I get any sicker the Dr. will have to put me in the hospital becuase I am really sick so I'm just going to another dr. who'll listen. She said well, you can come back in 2 weeks. Needless to say I won't be doing that. I really need help. I need to be screened right away. Would u know Duchess if they screen people for all types of cancer free or not as i have insurance. I will call some places tommorrrow becuase if i'm screened and get a diagnosis they'll probably direct my to an on cologist that listens....Hope to hear from you ASAP. Would like to give you me e-mail address but I don't know if allowed.....Thanks Raven
Helpful - 0
Yes, please let me know how everything turns out for you.  Try to think of questions you may have and write them down for your appointnment.
Helpful - 0
I just went to the rhuemotologist and he received the MRI's. All degenerative arthritus. the tech wouldn't give me the report for the neck mri and the dr. thouight that was strange toobut he would find out.  As for the lupus and my other symptoms, he should redsults Monday. When we talked about the lymph nodes swollen in the clavicles, both underarms, the groin and the fullness in my stomach, he said I must go to an oncologist right away becuase it could be lymphoma.As well as thbge flulike symptoms--hotness and chills and extreme fatique. He said this or the lupus is the probab ilities. He said I could have both but it would be rare. When I came home I called an oncologist, they took my symptoms and gave me an appointment for wed (next week the 12th). If anyhone has these syptoms talk to me about your experienceds with lymphoma and/or lupus. Thank you so much....Raven
Helpful - 0
Those symptoms, seen to cover quite a bit . I'll bring them upn to the DR. tommorrow. the past week I had the 3 MRI's and before the second one the DR. told the tech, He needed a closed Mri on my neck to really rule out MS. They don't want to give me the inconclusive tests tomm. so alot will have to be discussed with him. My abomen and groin area really are swollen and tender. I"M always so unbalanced and dizzy and now I have a panic attack everyday. It's too much to handle so I'm going tosee if the dr. will let me just be admmitted or if he'll sign me in if I have an emergency. There's still bone pain and I guess what he's looking at is MS, Lupus or lymphoma. I think I should also tell him I think I should see an oncologist. I guess I'll let you know tomm. or the next day what happened. Oh, by the way. When i had to go to emergency a few times for pain or panic I was totally ignored and told to register with the mental heath unit because I'm bipolar...It was like sure your ill. By now if they believed me I would have been a month ahead or being treated by now...O.K. Talk to u tomm.
Helpful - 0
Recently, I had full MRI spine series.  My C5 showed "bone marrow infiltratng disease such as Lymphoma, Myeloma, Leukemia, Metastasis or other",  I was scared and of course the doctor was very concerned.  So I had all possilbe blood tests a CTSCAN and bone scan.   I saw an Oncologist who went over my medical records and felt my lymphnodes which are fine.  Since all of my other tests are normal Doc. feels I don't have cancer.  I have had recent colonoscopy, mammogram complete hysterectomy, so that pretty much ruled out cancer in those areas.  My age also didn't fit with a very high probability orf cancer either.  However, after all of this, my own family doc. who is also a hematologist is going to do a bone marrow biopsy anyway, so that we can both sleep well at night.  I have many, many syptoms but I also have Graves Disease which can have same symptoms as some cancers.  Night sweats, extreme fatigue, heart palps. etc.  There are also virul illnesses which cause swollen lymph nodes in underarm area and don't respond to antibiotics. Signs and symptoms of mononucleosis may include:

Fatigue
Weakness
Sore throat, perhaps a strep throat that doesn't get better with antibiotics
Fever
Swollen lymph nodes in your neck and armpits
Swollen tonsils
Headache
Skin rash
Loss of appetite
Soft, swollen spleen
Night sweats
Helpful - 0
Thanks for responding.  I see the dr. on Fri. the 7th. If he doesn't have me go to an oncologist ,I guess I'll probably go on my own...Raven Thanks again
Helpful - 0
maybe you need a biopsy of the lymph nodes to see what it is....it needs to be investigated since you havent responded to antibiotics...good luck
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.