Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

confused by my doctor

I went to the doctor last week, I have had high white blood counts for a month, fatigue, pain in my bones, night sweats, and now a fever for two weeks. So I go to her and she said that we need to monitor the blood work for a couple more months.  because she can't tell what is wrong.  I understand that sometimes there is not always a clear answer, but she told me that is the white count contines to increase then she would refer me on.  I don't know if this is normal or if I should go somewhere else.  She did mention that this could be early systoms, so I ask her of what and she tells me not to worry.  We will wait and see.

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
beleive me viruses can hang on for 6 to 8 wks been there same symptoms give it time don't  worry about it if continues in two months go to doc
Helpful - 0
Hey, I tend to agree with Kalio1.  I think that I would feel better if this was more aggressively approached.  I mean, fever for more than a week and night sweats and high WBC...I would ask doc to send me on somewhere else.  It could be something pretty simple - and then again it may not.  You're going to drive yourself nuts if you have to go through this for another month!  I know that the waiting for alot of us has been the worst part of it....sometimes you have to push your doc a little....I wish you the best.  Keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
If you are having fevers that last for weeks you need to look into it further I think, especially with an elevated WBC. I would push to get that referral sooner rather than later. Unexplained fevers need to be addressed, something is going on that your immune system is trying to fight off. Did you see your blood work results? What exzactly has she tested for so far?
Helpful - 0
She's right.  At just a month, there's no reason to worry yet.  It could be lots of things - a simple infection or something more.  But definitely keep on her about monitoring it.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.