Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

burning sensation!

can anyone tell me what causes a burning sensation in my right foot(sole). could it be linked to my back as i suffer from lower back problems. it really feels quite hot at times and goes as quick as it comes! any ideas please of what it could be. many thanks xx
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Helpful - 0
thanks for your reply. ill wait and see if it goes,if not ill pop to dr's.take care x
Helpful - 0
141455 tn?1250525867
I have these same burning sensations a lot. I also have back problems. My ortho said the burning sensation - (always on one side of the body) is called sciatica. Your sciatica nerve is the longest nerve in your body. It runs from your lower back to your foot. You are lucky to only have the problem in your foot. Mine is always from my hip to my foot. Sometimes a nerve may be compressed causing this pain and/or inflammation. I have had epidural injections and so far have been successful in keeping my pain under control.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.