Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Stinging and Stabbing Pain

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I am a 34 year old female. I have been diagnosed with Fibro and CMS. However, I am not on any medication for this, as I am currently going through fertility treatments with Clomid and Prometrium. Yesterday I started having a feeling I have never experienced.

I am having stinging and stabbing pains on my front right side (not really my side) under my ribs but above my waste. The pain runs all the across above my waist to the center of my body (above belly button). It also is very painful to the touch. The pain comes and goes but is very intense and getting worse as time goes by.It's starting to make me nautious.

My husband wants to take me to the emergency room but I am not sure if it's just the fibro or something else minor like gas.

Please help if you have any ideas. I'm not sure if this could be gall bladder or something like that.

Thanks!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have Fibro - and I have never had that sort of symptom.  I would check with your OB/GYN as the other person posted.  If it is tender to the touch, I wouldn't wait - I would do it ASAP.
Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
I would suggest see your GYN.  I too took clomid and ended up with an over stimulated ovary. This can cause tremendous pain.  Do not ignore this as I did. Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.