Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Scary Symptoms

First, I'm 25, will be 26 in August, severly overweight, but otherwise healthy.  I just had a baby girl in February.  Over the last few years I've had several issues that are becoming more prominent.  I'm having dizzy spells, memory problems which I believe are coming from an inability to focus, my hair is falling out in clumps, no bald spots but definately thinner than my usual full hair (might be from pregnancy but it didn't start right after she was born).  This is really starting to bother me cause my daughter has torticollis (stiff neck muscle) and gets physical therapy.  During which I need to pay attention and learn different methods to help her.  I can't even remember when her appointments are.  I don't have an incredibly busy life.  I don't work, I go out to do grocery shopping and dr appts.  Nothing overwhelming.  I have stress but so does everyone.  I've been told that losing weight will help but when I went to look into gastric surgery my dr stated the symptoms that would go away if I lost weight were no longer weight related.

Any info that could be provided would be appreciated.  I'm desperate and sick of getting brushed off because I need to lose weight.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My thyroid levels were "just out of range" too and was told by my Naturopath that most MD's ignore this, but she insisted on treating me for hypothyroid. Put on "Armour Thyroid" and it did help me immensely (4 years ago)! "Armour Thy." is supposed to be better because it's not synthetic that can cause more harm then good. You just have to get it in a "compound pharmacy". I would check it out, have you ever seen a Naturopath/Homeopath? I highly recommend them too! Sorry about the debit card, sounds like you got a good attitude. Congrat's for your baby girl!
Helpful - 0
Well lucky enough for me my daughter's been sleeping through the night since she was like 6 weeks.  Consistently anyway.  She had long nights when she was as little as 3 weeks.  So I'm not tired.  I generally get like 10 hours of sleep.  I'm not overtired cause I've tried getting less sleep and it make me worse.  

I had my thyroid checked a few years ago at a routine test.  It showed my levels were just out of range but my doctor insisted they weren't enough to require medication.

My doctors have all been awful too.  I mean they have little to no care for you when you go in.  I had one doctor put me on so many medications I started hallucinating.

And for PPD I'm pretty sure that's not an issue.  I've been going through hell, particularly financially.  Even today I just found someone stole my debit card info.  And I'm still not ready to give up.  I'm a little down but nothing drastic.  I think that would make anyone a little mopey.  I fought the battle, I'm getting it fixed and that's all I needed to do.  And getting a new bank!

I think I'll double check the thyroid thing...maybe having my daughter could make it worse?  I have an aunt who has it too.  As soon as I find a good dr.  Anyone know of good Dr's in Orange County NY??
Helpful - 0
Have you had your thyroid checked? The symptoms you describe could definately be thyroid related.  Call your doctor to have it checked.
Helpful - 0
Pum
It could just be "baby brain".  I definitely went into a memory fog after having my baby.  I couldn't concentrate and basically felt "whatever" about everything.  It was kind of nice to be so chilled.  Are you breastfeeding?  There are hormones that are released that chill you out.
My son is now over two.  It went away after about a year.
I don't think the lack of sleep with a newborn helped either.  Obsessing about yourself or the baby is a common symptom of PPD so keep an eye out for that.
If you feel unable to cope, sad, and with nothing to look forward to then see your doctor.
Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.