Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tonsil secretins !

I hope this does not gross anyone out!
I have been developing a whitesh looking consistancy in my tonsils now for well over a year. I've been told that it's Strep and given antibotics every 3 to 4 months and it will come right back. I have no fever or sore throat.  Another doctor say that I have craters in my tonisls and as time goes on the craters fill up with bits and piecs of food. Does this make sense to anyone out there? Sometimes it gets so annoying because it feels like something foreign is on the tonsil. "I can take 2 Q-tips and squeeze the tonisl and this white stuff come out". This just keep going on and on and on. I have seen a few doctors about this, but I still don't know what this means.
Could anyone enlighten me?
Thanks in advance.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've had these "tonsil stones" off and on for the past 20 years.  I am prone to tonsil infections, and have had a doctor recommend removal of my tonsils.  I'm trying to avoid the surgery, but we'll see.

Generally, not a big deal.  Good oral hygiene is a must.  I also try to gargle with salt water because that helps to keep bacteria at bay.

You could try an internet search for "tonsil stones" -- many websites give suggestions on how to handle these.
Helpful - 0
125112 tn?1217273862
They are called tonsoliths or tonsil stones...VERY common.
There are irrigation systems out there for this (forget the name)and you will have to perform a google search if interested.

Not much to worry about unless they cause frequent infection. Practice good oral hygiene.
Helpful - 0
Pum
I have the exact same thing and a doctor also told me it was extrudate. But I noticed it turned up after eating certain foods (chips for example).  I haven't had it lately.  It can be both things I reckon.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.