Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Neck and Nerves

Update Symptoms:  Clicking in left ear, extreme noise sensitivity in both ears.  Hazy vision off and on both eyes.  Dizziness it feels being caused from my eyes.  Rocking like feeling with them.  Left trap muscle from neck to shoulder continues to be much harder, and larger then right side.  Now doing really crazy stuff, going into post office to cash check and other stuff1st neuro concerned about MS.  2nd neuro said to ignore, but now wants to have repeat Brain MRI done to compare with old one that showed multiple scattered areas of increase white matter signal.  Wants to see if new lesions in different spots causing optic nuretis, stapes spasms during silence, contracted trap muscle.  Discussed about what Ive learned off here with neck problems and whats located around neck and head.  Said shouldnt be new symptoms keep coming if its a neck problem and normally wouldnt cause visual problems.  Said brain trying to protect ears during silence when shouldnt be, and causing stapes to spasm.  Along with second MRI he has ordered several different Hematology, Chemistry and Immunologic/Connective Tissue blood tests.  Explained something about inflammation and inflammation of nerves and also neck, and one test is to check for red blood cells and relation to inflammation that may be caused from a cancer.  Didnt understand it really.  Wouldnt even look at a post I had about C2 neck problems and previous neck problem I had.  Neck problems all went away, exception being squishy sounds when moving and laying down.  ZZZZZZZ what have you found out about the atlas joint you asked Demi ab
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Demi if it indeed is all from my neck, how do I get it fixed.  I went to another chiro a month or so ago but he didnt touch me til I had carotid ultra sound done.  Hadnt gone back.  Went out of desperation.  Neck rarely hurts and when it does hurt I feel better overall for some reason.  I just dont understand the tremendous spewing, squeeking when moving neck.  I still feel as though I couldnt ever go on a roller coaster or anything that moderately moves your neck around.  Guess thats signal that neck still do have problems.  I never did get a Cspine result copy, just over the phone said slight herniated C4 disc.  Maybe I should get those.  I have print most of posts out.  Demi one question for you.  Is it possible by any way that a dental procedure such as a lower and upper wisdom tooth removal cause a ear problem, from a shot hitting a nerve or something.  Reason I dont think my ear problems are from my neck is because dont bother me with noise.  As soon as silence ear muscles spasms, laying, sitting or standing.  Stick finger in ear and it stops.  Anyways I do listen to you and so much info I had to print them out to look back on.  Theres a couple I missed printing though.
Helpful - 0
OK josh, you want to know abt the Vagus Nerve? I experienced it's strength yesterday when I read post. It's almost 2ft lg.
It starts in Medulla & is called 'Wanderer' or 'Vagabond'. 10th
cranial (cnX). It has a rt/lft w/ thousands of fibers that
effect/transmit to other nerves on how to act. It effects heart-
beat/sweating/speech/tightening of head-ear skin (visceral-
tissue. 'Parasympathetic' meaning you can't control it w/o meds.
It's @ brainstem/extends dwn head/neck/abdomen/colon. It helps
fight/flight any affect it wants, especially the (OC)reflexes.
-Occipitalis/C3/neck muscles/neck skin
-Occipital Lesser/C2/ " "   /skin behind ear/skull
-Occipital Greater/C2/" "   /skin back-head/scalp tissue
-Occiput/upper part-back of head/stimuli from C1 'Atlas'
-Ocular/Occiputs effect eyes/eye-muscles/their reflexes.
These are C1-C4 Cervical Plexus. The main Occipital is a 'lobe'
(above) brain that gets affected by the playful Vagus. The eyes
are a giveaway. How they move/dilate/jerk/drug test/brain dmge.
-Shine a light in/msg travels/eyes constrict=Vagus+OCC @ wk.
-eat/food to stomache/fibers msg to release & digest. Vagus wkg.
-pressr on eyes/heart-rate slows/you yawn or get sleepy.
-surgery/under anesthesia/press on eyes to test how deep you are
-Find Vagus in neck/you become Spock & drop them/Meninges spasm.
-Snellen chart cks eyes. Snellen Reflex/term for ear full/noise.
-Snellen is affected by the Occiputs to Cervical Plexus. Since
C2 in neck effects ear-scalp, doesn't neck make any sense?
-Transverse is like a triangle in area that if swells, you get
insufficient bloodflow from spinal canal to these areas. Dizzy
from lowered-flow or the ear? (cranial nerves pass thru this)
-Vagus helps control inflammation/can't wk if you keep injured
-Atlas/C1-Occipital Bone/btm of skull/incases foreman-magnum &
allows nerve passage thru spinal cord/joins w/ temporal nerve.
Explains temple hdaches & many ear problems.
-Vagus lifts pharyneal in throat to speak/swallow. Interrupt it
& fluid pools w/ sore throat & eustachian swelling to ears.
PLEASE print. I helped you for months & asked you to print then.
I explained Vagus+! I detailed things in easier terms then &
tried/failed. Kept altering symptoms! You need some sunshine &
accept that we all get something. I'm sorry you're not well. No
fix can be found here. You don't work at understanding. You
won't google for info. I love helping people make some sense
of an illness but I'm not a Dr. I know physiology! If wrong, I
love to learn. I don't like 'Demi won't help me' attitude. We
go so far back & so I say blame the Chiro & study! I have alot
of white matter+ischemic attack on left brain. I'm just fine.
Vessels healed, nerves started firing again. You can take away
your rt-brain & eventually most of left will take over in time.
Won't be perfect. I know stress from not knowing, but also the
possibilities. Be honest/don't read War & Peace to Dr's. Just
simple facts & no challenging. Ea. action/movement you do will
show Dr. a transmission. ESR is Sed-rate/inflammation of (any)
tissue. It has nothing to do w/ a tumor-marker & if you want
Dr. to zone out, then mention brain tumor. It shows up on MRI
& questioning means 'I don't believe you'. Get copies & read.
I wish you better health & me a calmer Vagus.  

Helpful - 0
Hey Josh. Your problem sounds so similar to mine right now. Have had different stuff going on in the past, but its changed again. I now have the same problem with ears - it was one of your posts that discibed it in a way I could definately relate to - something about the sound of paper scrunching - I also find theres ringing, distortion and slight echoing at times and the sound of my darling daughters voice is even louder than it usually is (if thats possible). Anyway, Sounds like you and I are in the same boat - when is your MRI? mine will take about a month. The blood test to do with cancer you spoke of, is probably the ESR - in this forgetful layman's terms it measures the sediment in your blood which shows how much inflamation in your body. (I'm sure Demi will correct me if I'm wrong) Big amounts can indicate cancer somewhere - it may help you to know, given our similarities, that mine came back slightly elevated - which would not indicate cancer.
Don't you just love how these Neurologists like to think aloud - telling you all the worst case possibilites that justify the tests.
As for the atlas joint, I'm not feeling to good today, so I'll probably forget lots, but the Osteopath said it would explain all the symptoms I've had including the eye problems (weak painful eye muscles - involuntarily turning inwards when I close relax them to sleep - I also have double vision corrected by glasses)Also the head pressure, buzzing toes, headaches, tingling etc etc. Actually, now I think of it, I didn't get to tell him about the eyes turning inwards because hes an impatient ****** and never lets me finish my sentences. He said that nerve compression at this point restricts bloodflow to the brain thus causing all sorts of problems. Once when he treated me, I had 2 hours of absolutely clear head. I can't describe how that felt - you forget what normal is. I cried when it fogged up again and struggled to come to terms with that experience. Still I told myself that soon, after more treatment, I would feel it again, but not so far.
Anyway, what Demi posted under my Question explains it all better than me. she/he (I reckon shes a girl don't you?) certainly knows her stuff - I've found her help extremely valuable. You must be the first person I've found on this forum that has such similar symptoms - makes me more hopeful its a neck problem - but the question is, can it be fixed? How are you coping day to day? I just wonder around in a dream really - in as much a state of denial as is possible - I have mountains of things I haven't dealt with - like tax returns :(  and they just keep on piling up - people think I'm coping marvellously as the evidence of otherwise is as hidden as poss. My pride robs me of help from people - which I need as I am a solo mother. OK - why am I telling you this - should be telling people that can help me do something about it. Think I'd better srop now - talk later.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.