Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

my symptoms over the past year. help diagnose me.

hi, im 18 and male. these are my symptoms over the past year. i have not been diagnosed. maybe you guys could help me.
swollen lymph nodes(neck groin and armpit), high blood pressure (about 138/70), dizziness/lightheadedness, tingling legs/arms(paresthesias), weakness in arm and leg, strange feeling in my head(like something bad is coming i know its vague, but i cant explain it well. and its not related to anxiety), "brain in a fog", pounding heart, some headaches, stiff/painfull neck, fatigue, tiredness, eye symptoms (after i walk around awhile, my eyes feel very tired, sort of itchy, and they feel like theres pressure on them), chest pain/pressure.
i have posted here before, but i am still searching. any help or possible ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks for reading this.
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was reading the comments others have posted and before taking any antidepressant, read the book Potatoes Not Prozac and see if the suggestions in there help. Other good books are by Dr. Schwarzbein author of the Schwatzbeing Principles. They helped me with some of my symptoms.
Over the Hedge
Helpful - 0
I had mono in 2002 and still have post mono chronic fatigue. The symptoms you listed, I experieced over the last 4 years at some point. Because the medical field has nothing for mono I went to a Naturopath which has helped me big time. To help me figure out what may be the cause of some of my symptoms, I kept a diary writting down everything I ate drank, and any supplements I took along with the time that I injested things. When I started felling a symptom coming one I would keep track of the time it happened. I then looked at what I injested before that and I have figured out quite a few symptoms were related to what I ate or a supplement I took.
So I stongly recommend starting a diary and see if you can link your symptoms to someting you ingested.
Over the Hedge
Helpful - 0
you are having anxiety attacks baby doll- nothing more
anxiety causes physical symptoms including but not limited to : nausea, dizzyness, lightheadedness, pounding or increased heart rate, increased B/P which causes tingling sensations, fatigue, feeling like you are in danger or something bad is coming, emptyness in head/ unable to think, restless energy, muscle spasm cramping etc.
but the hallmark of the anxiety d/o is "feeling like something bad is coming"
antidepressants help anxiety in the long term
anxiolytics: benadryl, ativan, valium,- anything that makes you drowsy is for short term
and excercise is key to prevention
look up "fight or flight" when your body /brain perseves danger many physical and mental processes happen
when anxiety comes unprovoked you may have a chemical imbalance: anxiety d/o or post traumatic stress d/o
luckily all are treatable
Helpful - 0
musicftm
I have so many of the same symptoms you mentioned for over a year now (fuzzy head feeling, dizziness, numbing in arms, legs, hands and sometimes face).  The symptoms come and go every couple weeks/months.  Have had mri's, cat scans, ekgs, blood work numerous times, cardiogram, heart moniter, two nerve conductor tests.  Please let me know what you find out and I will do the same.  Thanks and good luck.
Helpful - 0
I have read several of these threads over the past months because I myself have been struggling with health issues.  I was once a top high school distance runner in the state of New Jersey with hopes of competing in division one collegiate cross-country and track until I began having a variety of symptoms as well that went undiagnosed for 3 years (as an avid runner of all locations in Lyme endemic NJ, I was eventually diagnosed with Lyme and two other tick-borne diseases/coinfections following proper bloodwork).  I only recently registered to contribute this post and thank Lesley for giving an actual cause of the described symptoms... some of the suggestions I have read in these different forums are really nice sounding medical terms and names for the symptoms you describe but they are just that and not an actual underlying cause of the symptoms.  Based on what I have read here and what I have learned during my continuing struggle with this very real "environmental" and not "your mental" disease, I believe you should definitely consider reading about and researching Lyme disease and the coninfections and talking with a Lyme-literate doctor in order to have the proper and most accurate (NOT the Elisa, Lyme titer, or western blot... something from MD Labs or Igenex) tests performed.  Best of luck to you (and once again thank you Lesley).
Helpful - 0
Hi Music,

Just wanted to throw something at you.  Have you been tested for lyme disease?  This sounds very much like it.  You can get lots of info on line on Lyme disease.  Let me know if you have any question as I was diagnosed with Lyme about htree months ago.

Lesley
Helpful - 0
yeah, same here, my lymph nodes are swollen but not sore...
Helpful - 0
I have similar problems. 29 now, but had mono at 16. It may be chronic fatigue syndrome as I have been told, but I am also concerned about my lymph nodes being swollen (not sore). Get to the doctor to make sure it isn't anything serious. Hope it works out for you.
Helpful - 0
Pum
I dont know much about mono. but I understand it can reoccur.
Helpful - 0
yes, my lymph nodes are really swollen. and i actually did have mono about a year ago.
thank you for the comment.
Helpful - 0
Pum
Have you seen a doctor about the lymph nodes?  All of your other symptoms can be caused by depression (except for the lymph node swelling)amongst other things.  Are they truely swollen or is it that you can feel them.

You could have had glandular fever but that can be tested for.

Pounding heart is very common and often is anxiety or just normal and everyone gets it.  Ditto for pains and aches in the neck etc.

Get a good check-up and believe the doctor if they say you are fine.  A life lived in fear is a life half lived.

Good luck.
Helpful - 0
please, if anyone might know what i could have or might possibly have then help.
i would really appreciate it. thanks.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.