Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

worried about my health

hi in in mid may of 2006 i had a huge headache the king of them i actually thouht i would die or something bu it went away the next day i got these aftershocks of miniature headaches.then it all went away.around june 24 i started getting headaches again.my symptoms were vision that blurrs in and out.y head feels like eather my hearts pumping in it or someones shaking it a feeling of off balanced i.ve been to the er 5 times btwn jun and jul. i've been given ether pills for tension migraines amoxicillin for sinusitis xanax for supposedly anxiety i even lft my birth control thinking it was that.i still have that shaking heart pounding in my head sensation eyes blurr in and out nausea the newest symtoms is twitching in my face whn i smile my right side twitches when i close my eyes alternately it twitches more.my blood pressure is always fine no diabetes or cholestrel.overall i was fine until thi happened they gave me a referral for neuro in oct but i feel so sick i can barely sleep because i feel all of this and when i wake up all of this is happening everytime i go to er they come with something different.i'm afraid that big headache caused something in my brain to change i just want to be able to be healthy and take care of my 2 little ones wich i can barely do. i'm afraid i'm going to die or something.please help!!!!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
may be cluster migraines
Helpful - 0
Thanks charley well i got an mri scheduled for this tuesday july 25,2006 i actually got the dr. to listen to me .she thinks that the killer headache i had in may has something to do with it. an mri will find any small thing if there is something wrong.if i have another killer headavche to rush to the hospital. she thinks i probably had a brain bleed with my first one then itsettled and now its causing me all these problems. i pray to god everything goes well.hopefully i'll get a good answer plus medicines or another sort of treatment that will help me.she prescribed mesacline to me too for the moion. god bless
Helpful - 0
Hey, glad to hear that you have a doc that will listen....that seems to be rare these days!!!  Very happy that you are getting MRI...sometimes they show stuff and sometimes they don't.  Hopefully yours will show or will lead docs in the right direction.  I will keep you in prayer and hope that things get better soon!  keep us posted.
Charley
Helpful - 0
First of all, let me say that xanax usually does cause drowsiness.  Geez, it sounds like you really have alot going on.  sorry to hear that you are sick - that must really suck along with all the other stuff.  I really wish that you could get in sooner with neuro.Maybe try to post on neurology forum - but I will tell you, that it is hard....there are so many people who want and opinion - I tried to post for months and never got through.  maybe you will have better luck!
Just reread you post again.  It sounds to me like you may have vertigo....those are all symptoms of that - and are most of the time followed by sinus/ear infections or colds!  Maybe that could be it!  Not sure but maybe google vertigo.  Everytime that I have had it, I always had a sinus/cold thing come right afterwards.  Even if it's not - (now that I think about it, the facial twitching doesn't coincide)- taking something for motion sickness will help the swimmy head feeling.  I buy Meclazine from my pharmacy.  It really helps alot - I have to lay down in a flat position, keep my eyes closed - and sleep for a while.  My head still feels swimmy for a while and I feel dizzy, but this ALWAYS helps enough to function.  I guess I am just trying to think of things that will help.  I know how it is when you have small ones to take care of.  When mom is sick, we still have to keep going!  Good luck - keep posting and let us know how you are.
Helpful - 0
that is the soonest they have.i'm located in bpt,ct.the thing is the xanax did not work at all.i felt sleepy but the pulsing in the head,blurring of eyes and unsteadiness when i'm walking did not go away. i'm not even eating as much .i get nauseas thinking about food.when i'm focusing on stuff still feel the pulsing but its even worse when i'm relaxed.on top of it all i just got a nasty cold virus.it sucks because i feel like everyone thinks its my nerves and that they are shot.i haven't had nothing happened in these few months that were traumatic.
Helpful - 0
Hey, I know how scarry all this can be - but take the xanax to chill you out a little.  You said you have an appt with a neuro in Oct.  Is that the first available appt?!  If you don't want to say, that's ok, but where are you located?  Maybe someone here could recommend some other doc.  Have you had your thyroid checked?  Your B12? It does sound like some of your symptoms are neurological - the facial stuff going on sends up red flags for me.....I don't want to say too much - I am certiainly not a doctor, but I would most definately try to get in with a neuro BEFORE Oct.  It could be something really simple, but when it comes to your health, do whatever you have to do to get someone to listen to you.  You should do that for yourself - and for your children.  I know how hard it is, I ahve been dealing with lots of stuff myself and I have a very active (sports, church, etc) 12 year old boy - single mom - nobody to take over being the baseball/soccer/basketball/youth group mom, so I have really been pushing myself.  I hope that you find some answers soon - keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.