Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Temporary loss of hearing

I go to the gym once in awhile to work out. After a workout, or after some kind of physical activity, I pretty much cant hear through my right ear. I guess the only way to explain it is it sounds like im listening from behind a screen.

I also noted that there is a lump at the base of my right ear. I dont know anatomy well enough to tell you exactly where, but if you start at your chin and follow the bone at the base of your cheek up to the bottom of your ear, theres this hard lump. On my left ear, in the same spot, theres nothing - its just a fleshy soft spot. I dont know if the two are related.

I went to see a doctor about it, they did some tests, found nothing really wrong, and basically told me if it gets really bad come back.

Any ideas what it might be?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
149081 tn?1242397832
Go to a Ear, Nose,& Throat Doctor. ENT doctors can diagnose a whole host of things. Don't wait go ASAP if you're having hearing loss.
Helpful - 0
ihad a swollen lymphnode exactly how you are describing it, but the loss  of hearing im not sure.you should have that checked ,both things
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.