Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

thrush

i currently have thrush on my tongue i've been to the doctor twice for this . . . the first time i was given difulcan i was told that i should have cleared up within a few days but it didn't . . . is this normal ? my pharmaist told me sometimes i works for ppl sometimes it doesn't. i am now taking nystatin swish and swallow 4 times a day. How long will this take to show improvment or maybe cure my thrush. it isn't uncomfortable its just there my tongue has been white for 3 weeks now !!! i'm starting to think it will never go away . . . any advice/ideas/suggestions ??? tnx
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i do have acidophilus but it doesn't seem to be helping much . . .
Helpful - 0
Get some Acidophilus.  It puts the good bacteria back into your body.  I get it at my health food store.
Helpful - 0
I had thought about my toothbrush before but I figured the doctor never mentioned anything about it so it must be ok . . . could it be taking so long to go away because i have been using the same toothbrush ?? i'll get a couple new ones and throw the old one out see if that helps clear up my thrush or whatever this white stuff on my tongue is. thanks for the comments !!! if anyone else has any ideas please tell me !!
Helpful - 0
If it's just on your tongue, It's really not heavy fungus in
your system. The Nystatin is a great cheap generic in pill/oral
& is my back-up anytime I need an antibiotic that is the cause
of imbalance & causes rashes, coated tongue. Very common. The
rinse is to help remove from your tongue. Get a few toothbrushes
& use a soft one to brush tongue regularly to remove stuff, even
poor Nyststin on brush. Rinse brush well w/ hot water & put in small glass of hydrogenperoxide to micro bristles 1 min & rinse.
Keep repeating. Use another to brush teeth. Get a new one after
condition is gone. You keep putting it back in mouth to grow again! You can even use plain water to boil bristles in micro.
It's like putting fresh ointment on a wound & re-using the old
bandage. A coated tongue isn't always thrush. Get the flu & tongue coats from virus. People always forget the toothbrush.
Diflucan works faster but cost more. Nystatin is like the old
dinasaur, still does the job.
Helpful - 0
I take diflucan every day and have done so for over a year now. I supplement that with the Nystatin, and the combination of the two keeps it away, but if I stop taking the diflucan, it comes back in full force.
Helpful - 0
Hi I greatly sympathise with you. I had this problem due to antibiotics a couple of weeks ago. I took one oral diflucan tablet and it didnt clear up. Anyway forum members advised me to eat natural yoghurt or probiotic which I did and also I got another diflucan tablet and it cleared up within a week. Also drank home made lemon juice that helped soothe my mouth. Dont know a lot about nyststin.but holp the other suggestions help. Chris
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.