Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worried about blood from stool.

I have just noticed blood coming from the rectum, anyone know what that might be from?  Thanks....
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am not very "regular" with my stools so I have a bloody stool every couple months.  It happens after a hard stool and lasts about a day or two then it goes away.  If your bleeding is happening whether or not you are passing a stool and it lasts more than a few days then I would also suggest having doctor check it out.
Helpful - 0
could also be colon related.  Have a colonoscopy and check for colon cancer
Helpful - 0
149081 tn?1242397832
Is the blood in the stool or just the rectum? If it's the latter it could be perhaps a hemroid located just inside the rectum that cannot be felt. I'ts common for a large stool or hard stool passing to irritate those tiny little vessels surrounding the rectum.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.