Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pain behind Right breast

Here goes.  For the last two weeks i have been suffering with a lingering pain behind my right breast, i'll do my best to describe it.  It began with sharp stabbing pains which seemed to travel from behind the rib cage toward the nipple and over the next few days became an intense pain behind the bone structure which, it seems strange to say, felt like a trapped pocket of air to the upper right of my breast, nearing the edge of my armpit.  I have checked for lumps and found nothing abnormal, however, the pain is always there and it is now developing into a 'crunching' pain, which is made worse when i move quickly, lift up my arm, turn my body or even my head, i've tried rotating my arm from the shoulder joint but it doesn't alleviate the constant ache and often just sends a shrp jolt of pain into the breast. The pain is so difficult to describe as it seems to vary, it feels a little like when your joints 'click out' of place and you have to manipulate them to ease them back into position... however, no amount of manipulation works!! I'm feeling really worn down by this now, i cried myself to sleep last night as the pain is always there and it now seems to be affecting my right arm a little, heavy feeling and a slight numness to my right hand.  I do have slight relief if i hold my right arm across my body, and for the past few days i have walked around holding my left bra strap!!! I've taken ibuprofen and solpadol and i doesn't touch it... if anyone has any idea what this could be, i'd appreciate your thoughts.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
wow, I have to say, You described the pain i'm having exactly!!!
Helpful - 0
I have the same Symptoms..Im an athlete..I think you might have this

Costochondritis

Do a internet search on that. Your may be severe though
Helpful - 0
I think you should see a doctor about it if you haven't already. It could be as simple as a muscle pinching a nerve behind your breast.  Perhaps even something as wild as an inflammed disk in the middle your back could be pinching a nerve which, would account for the deep pain that seems to be behing the breast bone.  I had a miopathic massage done when I had severe aching up and down my left arm which included aching in the left armpit and breast as well as numbness in the fingers. The massage therapist pin pointed the exact place the pinched nerve was and after several sessions it was fine and I am symptom free.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.