Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Swollen feet/pain passing urine?

I went to the doctor week before last with cold symptoms - sore throat mainly, though with a bit of a fuzzy head that always comes before I get a cold. He diagnosed the beginnings of a URI, however, he wanted to examine me too. After checking my lungs and heart with a stethoscope, he got me to lie down, prodded my tummy to see if I had any pain, asked if I had any burning sensations when urinating and then asked if my feet sometimes get swollen.

I don't have any pain when peeing, it didn't hurt while he was prodding me, but my feet (and hands) do sometimes get swollen - I just put that down to the fact that it's really hot here at the minute (between 45-50C at midday), because I very rarely, if ever, get any swelling in the winter.

Just extra info: I am overweight (roughly 110-120kg and 5'4ish), and I'm currently drinking around 2 liters of water a day if not more. I had drunk 3 liters the day before going to see the doc.

I'm just very confused as to what he might have been insinuating I have, as to me, a sore throat, toilet problems and swollen extremities really don't have anything to do with each other... Can anyone please shed some light on the situation?

He perscribed me with Cataflam, cough syrup (even though I had no cough), antibiotics and something else, though I can't remember what it was...
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hello

i havent yet been to the doctor, however over the last 3 days i have experianced painful urination, i have not experianced this before.
i have reacently lost my virginity and had flu i dont kno if this is the cause. my partner is compleaty clean and i know he dosnt have any sexually transmited infections.
i would be greatful if you colud give me some reasons to this symtom
Helpful - 0
Hi, Cataflam is not a cough syrup its a pain med (Nonaddicting) NSAID (diclofenac potassium tablets) usually 50mg orange. Also usually used for  osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. I have no idea why your doctor prescribe this, you should ask him. The antibiotics should do you well. This is going to sound wierd put how often do you pi, you could have and inflamatory disease.

Ohh maybe thats why he prescribe them for inflamation..

Well Take Care :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.