Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dizzy Disconnected 24/7/375

Hello,
My problem is that for the past year I have been feeling dizzy all the time and "disconnected" from the world as i am dreaming. This has all started a year ago when i took only 1 puff from a blunt containing a lot of hashish in Amsterdam (legal, not laced, first time). The second i inhaled and kept the smoke in my lungs i felt unstable and dizzy. At night i had gone through a panic/anxiety attack (i think a major one) i had difficulty breathing, felt numb...

The past year i have went to a neurologist which had me take an EEG  test which i had good results. He then refered me to a shrink which said that i have anxiety problem and he is going to give me prozac.

Now, i am still worried about my condition, i really want to do an MRI (as it is an "overall" brain exam) to see if there is anything wrong.

Details about myself:

18 year old male, only tried once a drug (in amsterdam, marijuana), had a panic/anxiety attack after the incident in amsterdam (2 times overall in my life). I sometimes have difficulty breathing but i can manage it.

Questions:

Can one puff do any physical permanent damage? (overdose of marijuana cannot do any)

Should I believe my shrink that prozac will help me a lot?

Should I ask for an MRI?

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi BBBoy. I think I know exactly how you feel. I too feel dizzy and unstable all the time. I am 21 and male and my problems started when I was 19. I have only taken weed a few times. I remember my dizzyness starting when I was sitting in my car. I just came over sick and dizzy. Since then I have always felt unstable. I am being treated for depression as my doctor says this is the cause. I also get strange feelings in my head and all over my body. I constantly feel kind of groggy like I can't concentrate properly on anything. It has taken over my life and now everything I do revolves around it. I don't like being in social environments because I am afraid of feeling very unwell and not being able to get away. My balance is worse if I close my eyes like while washing my hair in the shower. Some days my dizzyness is worse than on other days.

I'm not a doctor but I doubt you have a brain tumor. If a doctor has said that they doubt it... then they are probably right. I think it's important to remember the seriousness of having a tumor. It would make you extremely unwell and you would probably have blackouts and fits... especially after having it for a year.

I have been looking this up on the net and have seen quite a lot of people with depression/anxiety complaining of the same symptoms so maybe this is the cause.

Anyway mate try not to worry about it and remember you aren't the only one worried. :)

Gary
Helpful - 0
did the dr think it could have possibly been laced with other substances?
Helpful - 0
no possibility, i saw what was in the blunt, i saw it being made.
Helpful - 0
I meant 24/7/365, mistype!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.