Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Lyme Question

Ok here is my story....I have been completely healthy all my life untill a few months ago.  I am 23 year old male who just graduated college.  In December I woke up with a some sort of bite on my neck. My glands in my neck swelled.  I went to the dermatoligist, and he took a second to look at it and he prescribed to an antibiotic.  It cleared up, then about three months after I woke up with a persistant headache,and I noticed a significant increase in floaters.  Then i had muscle twithces flare up, and also I have dry eye.  I havent been able to wear my contacts in about three months.  I have been the optomoligist twice and he said everything looked fine.  I had a ct scan for my headache, all came back normal.. Also had blood test for general health, they came back perfect.  Could that bite have possible led to lyme disease?  Any help that would be great.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Bronco:
Persistant headache
Floaters
Dry eye
Muscle twitches
Symptoms began three months following a bite, with swollen glands

These are all symptoms that could be from Lyme Disease.
Have you seen this list:
http://www.canlyme.com/patsymptoms.html
(Lots of good info on this site, look around.)

The Lyme bacteria is a spirochete, or spiral shape, and invades the nerves, muscles, and organs.
It depletes the magnesium within the cells, causing problems, as mag is needed for all enzyme processes.
Low magnesium within the cells may cause the muscle twitches, and other odd sensations, called parasthesias.

When the bacteria infect the cranial nerves, the nerves to the eyes may be affected, causing all kinds of visual symptoms.

The tests for Lyme are not accurate, and physicians should make the diagnosis based on the patient's symptoms.
This is known as a "clinical diagnosis."

Most physicians will not make a clinical diagnosis of Lyme.
They order the tests, and when they come up negative, tell the patient that he doesn't have Lyme.

If you would like to discuss your symptoms with others who have the same problems, you can post a query on the medical questions forum at at LymeNet.org.
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php

Wishing you the best,
Carol

Helpful - 0
yes it could did he test you for lymes with an elisa test followed by a western blot test you may need more antibiotics.  try googling lymes disease or go to heathboards.com and look under lymes disease lots of good info.  good luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.