58 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks man

what medicines are you taking are they available as over the counter medicine
i will try them out.
and thanks again.
Helpful - 0
DrNatura.com/Colonix

The prices are on the site. The more you buy, the cheaper they are. I suggest you buy two packs for $69. each. You will probably need to go through at least two packs to see results. But go through and read what these people are saying. This is no BS! You will soon find yourself inspecting everything that comes out of you and wishing you had done this a long time ago. After that I had complete control of my fantom gas problem as long as I take the fiber every morning and stay on my strict diet. So stick with program! And good luck.
Helpful - 0
Hello,

Extremely sorry to hear that from you..i too suffered with same same problem since oct2008.but i think my smell got reduced for last 3 weeks.Even after trying with otc products like beano,gas-x,charcoal pills and many other products,there was no improvement,i saw many doctors..they all said that they have never seen such symptoms..finally i met a naturopathy doctor and he prescribed me following:formula sf734,equalactin,probiotics,g.i.protect,metamucil powder and beano...i am using them regularly for last 3 weeks and there was lot improvement n my health...hope this advise will help you..
Helpful - 0
where do you buy colonix??? how much is it, do you need a prescription?
Thanks!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for what you are doing tony. This is the first time I am reading about so many people having this problem.
I have had this trouble for two years now. I am also a foreign guy and it just makes it worse.
I know when it started.I was at work and i used the restroom and came back my boss said something in an other language and i understood it and i felt like my something just closed tightly in my colon some muscle or something and from that time it just kept on getting worse. I cant offord any expensive medication or stuff like that. The doctor have prescribed me Nixium for the time. But after reading all your post i am even more worried now. I thought once i finish school and get a better job i could fix myself.
I cant get myself to go to classes. i am just scraping through all my courses and if i drop out i have to go back to my country without a degree after all the money i have spent here.
I feel like i have no life ahead of me. No close friends, even my family is in a different country.
I am try to shut my mind to other peoples opinions. Fight club movie is a great inspiration to me.
I feel like their is a heat build up in my seat from hot whatever is coming out when i am in a class. Sometimes i smell like burnt cigarettes. Sometimes just some damp smell. I feel like whatever i eat comes straight to my large intestine.
When i am hungry i feel like the Acid is coming out through my colon.
When i eat something their is gas build up from digestion.
I dont know what to do.
I just keep going and am waiting for the end cant bring the end to myself..
Lost intrest in life feel like nothing is worth the try.
Hope something good happens to all of us.

Thank you
Brad.
Helpful - 0
Hey guys,
First of all, it's good to know I'm not the only one! Reading Tonys first post was like read a day out of my life. I'm so glad I'm not that guy anymore. No mater how hard I tried, I just couldn't keep in that foul smell that was always there. Became a social outcast... well, you guys know the story. And I'm pretty sure I can help. After trying charcoal pills, beno, gasx, you name it. The doc gave me an H2 blocker... didnt help. But I finally found something that really worked.... Colonix! I've read comments on here about it being a hoax? Not at all. I was skeptical too but I tried it and stuck with it. Two months after starting it. Well, just go on the website and read the testimonials and look at the photos. What you see in those pics is exactly what comes out of you! And you know when it does cuz it smells rancid. You really won't believe what comes out of you. And the constant oder and uncontrollable gas FINALLY came to an end. But the key is to keep taking the fiber mix. I still take it every morning. If I skip just a few days, I start to notice bowl problems again. I still have no answers as to why it comes back, I just know my symptoms dropped to about 5% of what they used to be. If I eat the same things every day, and I usually do, the symptoms are gone completely. It's just the weekends I give in and eat what I want. So please give it a try. And follow the directions closley!! This stuff changed my life.
Helpful - 0
P.S- thanks for doing this post Tony, I know I'm not alone at least, Random but sometimes I wish you could spot the people who are going through the same thing in class, how awesome would that be...
Helpful - 0
Hello,
I have suffered from this my entire life, well since 5th grade to be exact, and I am currently in college. It triggered, I remember the exact moment, when the boy behind me said something and it hasn't stopped yet. Basically we would have to sit in alphabetical order and the kid behind me would always laugh and joke about it and his friends would take turns walking up behind me to try to smell something. It was embarassing to the upmost level (of course my family thought it was a phase, because nothing terrible could be happening to their perfect child).. in progressed in highschool, and once again we had to sit in alphabetical order (hence I went to a private school, mabye that was the way they do it I dont know).. regardless the same thing happened, I was the freak of the school, but I dont fit in the "freak" stereotype whatever that was supposed to mean, guys have always said I was extremely attractive, and I'm not trying to boast but I know I am, but I would rather be the ugliest person alive than have this problem. This chronic flatulence not only affects people physically, but mentally, emotionally etc. and all psychiatrist want to make money and just medicate you... I've been told to take antidepressants, but why? I'm not depressed, I just fart when I get nervous and am anxious about it 24/7.. anxiety medication is for someone who in normal conditions would be anxious however, we are anxious because of our flatulence... if I didnt have this problem I wouldn't be anxious at all... I've also seen a gastrologist, the usual "beano,gas x, dont drink milk,chew gum, stool test.." nothing seems to work, In a class of 200, I still manage to sit in the VERY back, I would give anything in the world to not have this problem and be able to sit in the front of the class... something so many people may take for granted... You can say I have given up, but am affected by this every single day of my life.. lost friends b/c take my advice DONT TELL anyone, they don't understand, they will just use it against you... I haven't given up 100%, but I may see a doctor again and spend a fortune, but this time I won't get my hopes up that they have a "cure"...
Helpful - 0
528396 tn?1217526013
If your doctor will not order the tests you are requesting I would get a second opinion.  Doctors are not always right and you know your body better than anyone.  Your doctor should work WITH you to try and discover the problem and you shouldn't have to suggest tests to him, that should be his job, that is why he lives in the big house with the maid and drives the nice car!!!  Please get a second opinion!!!
Helpful - 0
This is the first time in 15 years that I am aware that others share the same problem as myself. I am 30 years old and have suffered from anxiety from this situation. I to have had to decrease my social life and quit jobs because I couldn't focus, I was always thinking about how to block by gas....it can be really hard not to focus on the task at hand on a daily basis. I truely believe it is a psychological issue because I don't have continuous gas when I am alone or with people I have known for a long time. When I go anywhere (grocery store, work, friend's house, etc.) it begins. I am acutally going to go to a hypnotherapist and see what happens because I know it isn't diet or a disease.

I see that no one has responded to this issue in awhile...has anyone tried hypnosis??

In distress all day all night,

ampm911
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all your comments, I'm afraid this is the last message in this Thread.
I'll open a new one: 'Uncontrollable Flatulence -Part 3'
to keep posting my findings and I encourage you to participate, I've got good advice and sugestion from you.

I hope to get your comments soon.

Tony
Helpful - 0
It's interesting reading these stories of 'flatulence on the run.' Ok really, I sympathize because I have the same problem. I have gas every day of every year. I've heard that the average person will expell gas upto 20x each day (???) but sometimes I swear, I meet that quota in an hour. Unlike some of you, I find this problem hilarious, only because I know my partner doesn't care for it, but she too finds humor in it. Still, there are times when I'm at work and it feels like I physically cannot stop the rush of air, so I have to stand in this akward position with one leg crossed over the other until the urge has passed.
The real problem I have is this. Of course, having gas as often as I do presents real difficulties. It is funny when I do it in the car or at home, but when I'm out with people I act appropriate and this results in one heck of a stomach ache. So here's the thing- my gas has been described as noxious, sewer gas, sulpher, rotten eggs, something dying, etc. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just stating a fact. For whatever reason, when I expell gas it generally smells absolutely horrible.
Because of this, I asked my Dr if I could have a stool sample done and he obliged but the tests came back negative. My bowel movements seem to be rather uneventful and normal and believe it or not, they are less offensive smell than the gas. I've found that I can't pinpoint an exact time that this starts, because it 'seems' as if I have it first thing in the morning, all the way through the middle of the night. As I said, it's probably very immature of me to find it so funny, but I realize it is a problem because the odor is so consistantly foul.
I eat a lot of salad. Just lettuce, carrots and radish- the pre packaged salad bags. I use a fat free french dressing because I'm allergic to eggs. Other than that I'll eat popcorn, maybe snack on Wheatables, but I do drink a lot of soda. I'm also on several meds though the side affects did not mention this problem. I am somewhat lactose intolerant, at least when it comes to milk and ice cream. If I eat those directly I feel bloated immediately and begin to have gas almost right away. Oddly enough I seem to be able to tolerate cheese. I don't know that this matters though, because I stay away from both milk and ice cream to avoid the issue.
I can't say that I have any of the problems that I've read about- I've lost a significant amount of weight, but that was because I started eating healthier than I used to and I started walking every day. I don't have any problems with my skin, I've seen no abnormalities in my stool, I don't have excessive belching, leakage or anything else other than very frequent, very foul gas.
I know a lot of people here have suffered through portions of what I'm saying. Does anyone have any thoughts on what it might be? I thought perhaps it could be from the sugary soda I drink, or perhaps the salads, but I've had this problem for years, long before I got on this salad kick. So with the absence of these other symptoms, does this sound familiar to anyone?
Helpful - 0
I found a very good article on SIBO, if you are interested:

http://www.medicinenet.com/small_intestinal_bacterial_overgrowth/article.htm
Helpful - 0
Hello all, Today I have my first SIBO test out of 3: Lactulose challenge.
For this test, I didn
Helpful - 0
Hi Steph, Digestive advantage helped me a bit, I think anything over the counter is a little bit more of a placebo in our case. Drs tell me I don
Helpful - 0
I used to take fiber: Rejuve Powder, Metamucil and Garden of Life's Super seed.
It definitely helps to have well-formed bowel movements, however in my case produces gas, perhaps a different smell (anyways bad).

I now take fiber once a week, and I
Helpful - 0
well, in order for me to "go" everyday, i have to drink two glasses of fiber every night, or else my flatulence will be 10 times worse and much more smelly. but gas is still there. and it's still uncontrollable.
Helpful - 0
ive also had abdominal problems/pain when i was a kid. My dad died of cancer so I can relate to your stress.

I can trace back my problem from food/liquor poisoning from a party. Im not sure what the cause was, but the stomach pain i felt the following morning was unbearable. I went to the emergency room that day and they shot me up with anti-bacteria IV.

I have a question for everyone... do you have bowel movements everyday? I guess I never notice before, but i went 2-3 days with out having to flush my system. Now, since I do wake up to go every day the gas stop. It has not stop entirely, but the past week I have been "normal" in class.
Helpful - 0
Well,
I used to have a gallbladder, and it also causes gas, according to the gastroenterologist I saw first. So in despair, and as they 'ensured' me I'll be cured if I got my gallbladder out -- I had small stones, like 1.8 mm -- and slight biliar pain, I agreed, but the gas didn't change...
I've read people who had cholecystectomy has frequent diarrhea and gas. Bile helps the digestive process, so if its flow decreases or is abnormal, chyme cannot be broken down so it goes partially digested into the intestines, where bacteria will eat them and excrete nasty gas.
Helpful - 0
prima donna,

Hello,

Anxiety affects all health concerns adversely, Ive had problems with my heart since I was a kid and stress made it 100 times worse.  When your stressed your body produces chemicals that cause problems with the way the systems, digestive,cardio
etc work. Theres a website that may help..... www.digestivesplus.com  click on "digestive problems" (In orange at the top of the screen) Theres some information that may help. :)
Helpful - 0
Diverticulosis is another possibility.

http://www.detoxlounge.com.au/flex/_diverticulosis_and_the_bowel/66/1

But this doesn't explain how anxiety affects the problem.

What do you think about gallbladder disease?
Helpful - 0
Hi prima dona, I also thought I had Leaky Gut Syndrome when I was under naturopathic treatment for 'suposed' candidiasis. I asked the naturopath about LGs and he said Candida and LG share several symptoms, but he thought I didn't had LGS ... well, at the end, the naturopathic stuff didn't work, so I got back to real science.
I think once I got my CDSA test results -- in 2 weeks --, I'll know whether I have Candidida, LGS, parasites and god knows what else. I'll post the results.

Helpful - 0
i think we might have leaky gut.
but i'm not quite sure. the symptoms listed on the website below seem to match mine.
http://www.leakygut.co.uk/
Helpful - 0
HI Everyone, I haven't posted in a while.
Anti-depressants are working excellently for me. They don't stop gas, but I feel more self confident and more determined to fight this evil malady. I'm also seeing a Counselor to help me to overcome fears and the sense of rejection we all have experienced.
I got a new gastroenterologist, he believes I might have SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). I'll be tested in 2 weeks ( fructose, lactose and lactulose intake then breath into a machine to measure H2 levels). SIBO produces foul-smelling gas, so I think it makes sense.
In addition, On my own, I ordered CDSA/P (comprehensive digestive stool Analysis/Parasitiology) from Genova Labs. I'll have my results in 2 weeks, which I'll post.

I think the gas problem is in our intestines; we're not breaking down food well, so it becomes an intestinal bacteria fest, and these bugs excrete foul gases... Diet can help, but until the cause is found an corrected, any colo-rectal solution won't be effective.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.