Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

headache, face tingling and leg pain

Every few weeks now I will get a severe headache, have tingling in my face and down into my arms and hands, I get very sick to my stomach and have severe cramping in my legs.  I do already have night cramps in my legs that I take requip for, but this pain is very severe and doesn't go away with the medication.  I also have pain in my nod areas the next day and feel like I just can't eat enough to the point of making myself ill.  I will feel weak and ill for several days and all I can do is try and rest.  After a day or two I will slowly start to feel better but I have to push myself to keep going until it passes.  

I am a fairly active person who goes to the gym 3 to 4 times a week and do cardio and weights.  I was pretty out of shape before but have been working hard to get back into shape since January.  I am 5'9 and currently at 185 and working to get 25 lbs more off to be at a good 160.  

I had thought that I would get in better health when I started working out and eating better, but this problem has not gone away.  My doctor has run the general bloodwork with now answers and she seems stumped.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have they tested you for high blood sugar?  Sometimes they do blood work but do not include an A1C.  It will test your blood sugar average for the last couple of months.

I used to have numbness in my legs and was very hungry all the time, and thirsty.  I also had other symptoms.  I had to practically insist they test me.  At the time my blood sugar was 345!!  I can't recall my A1C but it was very high.

I had trouble controlling my Blood sugar.  It took awile before they discovered that I was a Type I not II diabetic.  I had terrible cramps in my feet, legs and hands for months.  I think it was lactic acid from their being little oxygen my blood.

I don't have the cramps now, but have severely weak, sore and painful legs muscles.  I also have started with a tingling on my face about a weak ago.  I suspect a new lotion I was using, but, I also started having headaches more frequently.  I don't know, it's probaby a coincidence, but, when I saw your symtoms, it caught my eye.  Good luck and post your results.  I am interested in your outcome.
Helpful - 0
Pum
Could it be a migrane?  Is the timing related to your period?
If you have lost weight, maybe your hormone levels are changing. Everything apart from the leg cramps sound like a migrane.  Maybe muscle pains are related to migranes, I'm not sure.

Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.