Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dizziness

I have been dizzy now for 7 months. I have seen a number of doctors including my GP, an ENT, and a neurologist. So far the only diagnosis I have been given is stress and depression, and I can tell you I am neither of those things. When I get dizzy I do not have a spinning sensation, I do not feel sick, and I have never passed out. These episodes last just a couple of seconds, and I get them about 3 times a day. The only feeling a can describe is that the room kind of shifts, and I get this exhausted feeling just come over me. As soon as it comes it goes away. I have seen 2 doctors who were convinced it was neurological, but my MRI's and my blood work came back normal. I know there is something wrong, but nobody can give any kind of answer. I am now exhausted all the time, I can't even get out of bed in the morning to go to work. I know that I am sick, and I am tired of people telling me that it is all in my head. Please help!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi.  Your dizziness can also be coming from problems in your neck. You may want to try PT with someone who specializes in treating dizziness.  It has helped me tremendously.  I was dizzy all day, every day and it was to the point I was almost incapacitated by it.  I had no neck pain at that time.

Good luck.  
Sue
Helpful - 0
Thanks I looked at the link and it was very helpful. I have never heard of an oto-neurologist, I will have to look into that. Thank you all for your suggestions, I appreciate all of your help so very much!
Helpful - 0
If you could find yourself an Oto-neurologist that would be great. I've had dizzy problems for years and my doc found out I have some vestibular loss in the inner ears. Oh, if you go to one, expect a lot of tests. But you'll have a definative answer.
Oto-neurologists are mainly found in major hospitals. Your next bet is an ENT. Glad your MRI's are normal but you may need vestibular testing, such as an ENG or VEMP tests, as well as an audiogram.
Helpful - 0
Hi Just because your tests came up ok doesnt mean you dont have a real physical problem. A lot of people on this forum have waited years to get a diagniosis or some sort of diagnosis. the stress comment from Drs is used alot when they dont know whats wrong. For eg. I have an undiagnosed movement disorder which is caused by unknown neurological deficits. Don't give up pester your Dr and keep alog of your symptoms really helps> Chris
Helpful - 0
Thank you, that was encouraging! I just hate to think that something serious has to happen before my doctor pays attention. I will keep a journal I think that might help me deal with this better! Thank you so much for your help!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.