Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

woried about std/hiv

I believe it was sometime in june of 2006, I got drunk and had protected sex with a causual friend for the first time.(Thursday) The next day other than a hang over, I felt ok. On (Satarday) I went to bed and woke up severel hours later with flue symtoms. I got the cold childs the shakes and woke up with my arms and legs sore. On sundsay during the day I began to start feeling a pain on my left testicle. I thought I just had a cold and took aspiren. Several days went by and my testicle continued to hurt even more. On thursday, I went to the ER to get checked out. They took blood, urine and std check and a ultrasound.. They gave me a shot and some antibiatix and went on my way. Several days later my results were negative to any STD.

I have been thinking alot latly if i have something. The girl that I sleep with, prior to the night  I sleeped with her she was at a good weight. The day I sleep with her she had lost alot of wait. About 25 pounds. She almost looks to skiny. I have been on a diet and I have lost 25 pounds (185 to 160, im 5/11)in the last four weeks. I belive it could be a conbanation of my diet, stress and lack of eating because , I have been so bussy. I have noticed red pimple like bumps on my legs/thighs. I dont know what to think please help. I set up an apoointment with my doctor and the earliest he could see me is on sep2006 for a physical. If i dirent have a std what did i have. Did i have a bacteria infection and could it be another std like hiv. Worried....If you removed the condom could and it touches yoour skin could you be exposed to an std/hiv.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i asked about the 1-1000 because i read it from the forum...from the DR...
Helpful - 0
so if someone has sex with someone who has hiv/aids without a condom the changces are 1 in 1000. ???
Helpful - 0
When I read zero's comment abt unprotected sex I was afraid
others would believe it's ok. I would like to force a condom
over their head! Let them play roulette & see if the chamber
was for real. Even if you dodge the bullet, you become a carrier
& infect others w/ that type of mentality. Very stupid comment
to post. As far as your rash, gal may have had stubble-trouble.
For lots more info to become informed, click above on Forums
& click on STD topic. There is a well informed Dr. that runs
the forum. A fee to ask questions but use the 'search' in that
section. Just read & you'll get lots of info. Call a free-clinic
for info on STD/HIV pamphlets. Speak openly to any partners
that say no to condom use before saying hooray! They may be a
carrier & not know it. If they lie, you could die.
Helpful - 0
thnks everyone im still liltle worried. I have lost alot of wait 28 pounds. i hope im just stressing. sould i be getting more symptoms if a had something by now.
Helpful - 0
It is highly unlikely you contracted HIV from what you describe but you really can't test for most STDs accurately in a week past a possible exposure (if I read your post correctly). This is the case because the common tests are antibody tests and the body takes some time to create antibodies. HIV and herpes need to be tested for at 3 months although a test at 6 weeks for HIV is considered very reliable.
Helpful - 0
you dont have aids. you were tested for stds and it was negative. you had the flu most likely and your pimple is probably just that or an ingrown hair. if you need a dr that bad GO TO THE DR!!!! the previous post summed it up pretty much stop freakin out. you need to learn more about how condoms / sex/ stds all work .
Helpful - 0
please help doctor
Helpful - 0
i havent had an hiv test yet.
Helpful - 0
well first of all you had protected sex.. so risk of hiv is basically 0.  secondly, it's not easy for a male to get hiv by having unprotected sex, so protected is virtually 0 risk.  If your tests came back negative, stop worrying.  Also, it takes more than a couple of days for any kind of acute hiv illness to come about.

You have to remember, virus' are in your system for about a week or more before you show symptoms, so whatever you had was in your system before your sexual encounter.  I think you had a virus of some sort and you stressed yourself out about it and made it worse.

I dont know about the red pimple like bumps on your legs, but it doesn't sound like any std.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.