Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

small hard lump in my armpit, i'm very worried! i've had alot of hormone problem

i just found a small hard lump in the armpit area by accident, i am very scared! i dont have health insurance, but i do have a doctor, so i will ask him about it, however my grandfather died of lymphoma (cancer), so i am extreamly worried right now, does anyone know anything about this?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have 3 lumps in my arm pits combined.  I also have been breaking out realy bad in my armpits for about 3 months.  Any coments on this one?
Helpful - 0
Generally in the armpit, you can frequently get inflamm. of the
lymphatics & that's why you need to know what's the norm for
your own body. Sometimes the cking too much will make it swell
more. If it's sm. like a pea & hard, Dr might do a watch & see.
If it's grape sz. & lightly firm, it will most likely go away
& dissolve like a cyst. An ultrasound can easily be done to ck.
Helpful - 0
About 3 years ago i had numerous lumps in the underarm area. I wouldnt worry about it though as usually in a couple of months they shrink by themselves and disappear.

My grandad also died of cancer which started for him in the lymph nodes but there's nothing to say you have that. As usual, check it out if you have any concerns

All the best

Dave
UK
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.