Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Skin cancer in 15 year old?

Okay, I am only 15 years old and I have a strange looking birthmark. It is a little odd shaped but not too strange around the edges. Maybe it is a little, but not nearly as much as pictures of this cancer show.
I was looking this up and I get a malignant cancer. Mine does have a little flecks of strange color (blackish and a little red-orange around the edges). I've had it for all my life...
Is this possible in a 15 year old? Shouldn't I be dead already is it's malignant?

It is not too big. Like, a pencil eraser. What should I do??? PLEASE HELP.

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Pum
Even moles/birthmarks you've had all your life can turn cancerous.  I think 50% are new moles and 50% are existing ones that change.  That is the key thing, they change if they're cancerous.  It would pay to get your GP to check it.  

Helpful - 0
Skin cancer is possible in any age. It sounds like your birth mark is just a birth mark, unless it is changing colors or shape, or getting bigger. I couldn't figure out if you meant that you just started looking at skin cancer pictures and your birth mark looked like some of the pictures and that concerned you, or did you notice your birthmark changing lately and THEN you did some research, finding some photo's? You should always "check" birth marks and moles and so on, so that's good you are doing that, you should look for any changes, or if it starts to hurt or itch I believe is another thing to consider. If and when they "change" you can simply ask a doctor to look at it. The best thing to do is see a dermatologist, they usually can tell just by looking if its anything to be concerned about. Is it possible for you to see a doctor? Its scary to have health concerns when you're so young, but you need to tell your parents or guardian or even a teacher that you are concerned. How about a school nurse? They can help more then people on the net who can't see you. I bet you're okay,  don't try to diagnose yourself via the Internet, we can really scare ourselves if we do that. Let us know what happens, K! But don't worry yourself into a panic. Just talk to someone older and show them, K!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.