Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

My 7 year old multiple symptoms

My daughters symptoms ongoing for about 6 months.they started light & have steadily gotten worse.
She has lost about 5 lbs.in1 month.Her appetite is almost non-existent.We have to really try hard most of the time just so she will eat.
She sleeps more now(between 10& 11 hours a night.)And she will still sometimes fall asleep during the day & at school during lunch,&twice during class.
Her behavior has also changed.She will cry & scream .She can't pinpoint anywhere that really hurts,she only says she doesn't feel good.Numerous times at school she will scream&cry (unconsolable)to go to the clinic & lay down.She does this at home also.
She has always liked school & she says she still does that she just doesn't feel well.
She has been on antibiotics for about 6 months,for recurrent ecoli infections in bladder.Diagnosed with kidney reflux.
Had a procedure called deflux last week to try & fix it.
All symptoms started about the time she started anti.
Her doc.says the anti.won't cause these symp.& to keep a diary of symp.for a month.I would like to know something before then.
I really believe the anti.have something to do with this.
If anyone has advice or any info on what it could be PLEASE HELP!!
      THANK YOU
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
does she have any fevers? your hands and feet will get cold with fevers. Also do you know if she has any allergies? some kids can't explain why they don't feel well and sometimes  it is simply they are allergic to something and generally don't feel well but can't explain they feelings. Just something to think about.  good luck
Helpful - 0
She has had no diarrhea.Is that always a symptom of c-diffical?
Helpful - 0
She has the ves. reflux.She had deflux outpatient surgery last week.Her surgeon says these symptoms have nothing to do with the reflux.I'm going to check the site anyway.Anything will help.
Thank you
Helpful - 0
I forgot to mention that her hands & feet get cold to the touch
often
Helpful - 0
check for c-difficile this can be brought on from prolonged antibiotic therapy my daughter had the same surgery when she was 2 and came down with the same symptoms they will have to do a bowel culture.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0
shes been on ceftin,augmentin ,& septra.The Dr. did just the basic bloodwork & it was fine.He didn't think it was her thyroid
though I read that a bad bacterial infection can throw your thyroid off.Thursday I took her & no explanation,But Monday I'm
going to call back so we can find out whats going on.
                 thanks
Helpful - 0
Has she had any bloodwork? This sounds very serious. All I can suggest besides bloodwork is that you absolutely insist that the Dr. change the antibiotic. What is she taking? I know some antibiotics can make a person feel very poorly, and have loss of appetite.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.