Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Large lump under skin on neck

The other night I was rubbing my neck on the back just under my hairline, and noticed a lump or knot under the skin.

The next morning (yesterday) when I awoke, the knot was more noticeable and feels about the size of a peanut under the skin (not on or in the skin).

Today it is still there, and ironically I told my friend that I would like to go get this checked out, when he told me he had the same sort of lump under the skin, in the same exact area, which has been there for months.

After rubbing my neck all around, I have found yet another one that is much smaller I can feel, that is just above my hairline on my neck.

Can someone explain what these are, and what medical help I should seek?

Thanks a lot.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you're tired all the time for no reason, then you may try
getting an HIV test ASAP. A swollen lympe node on your neck is nothing to play around with.

Good Luck.
Helpful - 0
I dont know if this will help but my mom found out that she had lupus because she found wierd lumps under her skin like that and her hands were numb for a couple weeks!
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
while it could be merely a knot on a muscle, you should consult a dr. to make sure it's nothing more serious.  i've read many times that it's better left to a medical professional to try to diagnose whether or not someone actually has a swollen lymph node.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.