Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

The return of the boils....

hi,about 6 months ago i had a few boils on my waist.i went to my GP,who gave me medication that killed the infection at the time.At present another boil has appeared on top of my right thigh.My GP said he has a patient that has got the same problem and has been seeing him for 9years.Is there any operation i can have to remove what ever causes these to appear?is it perfectly normal for these to appear again or am i getting paranoid?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
im glad to say the boil has reduced i size.they are very painful.thanks alot.
Helpful - 0
I agree with previous comment as I believe you have contracted Staph - and would like to add that Staph is going around these days in waves (according to my Doctor), and one possiblity is that someone near you is a carrier (I say this as a possiblility because I do not know your circumstances and if you haven't been exposed like I talk about below this is a good possibilty) although the Doctors don't typically consider this until at least the 3rd go round. Because of a recent outbreak, I have studued this extensivly. Staph is commonly spread through sharing of personal items - and many cases are reported in children who play sports, it is actually pretty common in many areas such as Gyms, parks, schools, hosptials, salons, etc.... According to recent studies I've read, alot of people carry both the Staph and Strep bacteria on there bodies (especially in there nasal passages) all the time. If you swim frequently in either a pool or lake or stream, you can get it this way. Several friends and neighbors of mine had this problem, and the doctor suggested that they wash frequently using antibacterial soap, after being in a gym or swimming, paying attention to any cuts, scapes, shaving rash, ingrown hairs, or even bug bites. While it is not a complete preventative it goes a LONG way in reducing outbreaks! I have personally started using antibacterial soap in the shower, and have my kids use it to whenever they are in a place where they are likly to have been exposed, and always after swimming. It has helped them! So far those doing this have not had another infection (even after swimming in the contaminated water), and passing the word on has stopped the outbreak we were having in my neighborhood (we live on the lake which is believed to be a cause of the numerous infections in my area)! Good luck as this can be very frustrating to deal with, and very serious if left untreated!
Helpful - 0

Isn't Staph (Streptococci) the bacteria immune to antibiotics now or getting there(?) Bacteria are developing immunity to antibiotics and "Penicillin and tetracycline lost their power over staph back in the 1950's and 60's.

Below is an alternative.
Colloidal Silver (CS) Silver is emerging as a wonder of modern medicine. An antibiotic kills perhaps a half-dozen different disease organisms, but silver kills some 650. Resistant strains fail to develop. Moreover, silver is virtually non-toxic." .....Amazing!
Colloidal Silver has produced phenomenal results in tissue healing and reconstruction as well as reducing scar tissue in clinical tests. Severe cuts and wounds have healed in much less time. Laboratory tests have shown CS to kill over 650 destructive bacteria, viruses and fungi within minutes of contact.
Certain bacteria are essential to healthy body function. Several researchers claim Colloidal Silver only attacks the unfriendly pathogens and will not harm the friendly, but one must wonder how it can possibly differentiate.
Use is indicated for: pneumonia, ear infections, colds, sore throat, flu, allergies, hay fever, diabetes, hepatitis, chronic fatigue, ulcers, bladder infections, arthritis, Lyme disease, hemorrhoids, swollen prostate, yeast infections, herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, acne, blepharitis, cystitis, dermatitis, dandruff, dysentery, Eustachian tubes, fibrositis, herpes, impetigo, leprosy, lymphagitis, Menier's, neurasthenia, parvo virus, pleurisy, pruitis, rheumatism, seborrhea, sepsis, skin cancer, staph infections, tonsillitis, typhoid, ulcers, whooping cough, arthritis, tuberculosis, colitis, diphtheria, eczema, furuncolosis, lupus, keratitis, malaria, psoriasis and skin rashes, meningitis, ophthalmology, quinsy, ringworm, to neutralize tooth decay, moles, halitosis, scarletina, shingles, strep infections, toxemia, trench foot, warts, conjunctivitis, rosacea, shingles, gastritis and as a digestive aid. In dental hygiene it can be used for Pyorrhea, receding gums, gingivitis, bleeding gums, canker sores and bad breath......Amazing!
Add to drinking water when on holiday of camping, sterilize anything from tooth brushes to surgical instruments, spray on garbage to prevent decay odors, on dish cloths, cutting boards, add when canning, preserving or bottling, spray in shoes, between toes, add to bath water, gargle, douche, colon irrigation nasal sprays, drop onto bandages and plasters to hasten healing time soak dentures, spray refrigerator, freezer, food storage containers, stops mildew, mold, wood rot, fungi. Use to spray pets bedding, use in cleaning and mopping solutions. Spray onto the top of open jam jars etc., spray food lids before closing. Spray air ducts, use in the final washing rinse, in dishwashers. Spray around plant roots to stop tot, spray foliage, inside gloves and under fingernails, rinse fruit and vegetables, use in shampoos and rinsing water, spry pets, carpets, wipe telephone mouthpieces, headphones, hearing aids, spray mattresses and allow to dry to kill dust mites, clean combs and glasses with it. Excellent for diaper rash and to spray inside diapers. Clean toilet seats with it, floors, underwear, pillowcases, etc., etc. Swishing the solution briefly under the tongue before swallowing ensures faster absorption. In several days CS will have accumulated in the tissues sufficiently for benefits to begin, it is eliminated via the kidneys, lymph and bowel within three weeks.......Amazing!

It is suggested one or two teaspoons daily. There is no limit for external use. Clearly one would only take internally when necessary and not without good cause. I took 5 drops per day for my thyroid eye disease and plan on adding it again back into my daily vitamin routene. However it is very expensive but may be less than medical and hospital bills from a serious illness.
More here: http://www.drclark.net/bulletin/cs.htm and http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/bto/microbes/shape.htm

Helpful - 0
Approx 2 years ago I had three boils 9 months apart which appeared in the same place.  A female friend had a toenail infection which I think was from Staphylococcus germs.  I think I sat on something, chair or whatever, that she had her infected foot on because the boil was at a spot on the back of my leg where a chair seat would hit.  I haven't seen her in two years and no boils since.
Boils can appear anytime so we must keep ourselves healthy and our body as clean as possible.  If you are getting many I suggest a retune to the doctors is warranted.

Here are some causes for boils:
Staphylococcus germs - Boils are caused mainly by staphylococcus germs which enter the sweat glands or hair follicles. The essential cause of this disorder is thus bacterial. However, several factors predispose the growth of bacteria in hair follicles.

Toxic condition in blood stream - Of these, the chief factor is a toxic condition in the blood stream, which is due to a faulty diet and a frenetic pace of living. Boils generally appear when a person is in a run-down and devitalised condition.

Immune-suppressing medications - Long-term use of corticosteroids such as prednisone or other drugs that suppress your immune system can increase your risk.

Read more info. here.
http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Boils.html

Good Luck!

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.