Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

shooting neck pain/anxiety

i have an anxiety/panic disorder for about 8 yrs now. i am 24 and a smoker. In the past few months ive been getting weird, quick shooting pains in my neck. i thought it was my thyroid but my blood work came back fine. Any idea if this is related to anxiety?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i dont feel dizzy... sometimes i just feel really lightheaded, like i am going to pass out. sometimes i feel like i cannot breathe, my chest hurts, my left arm starts to get numb.. i can go on and on with what i feel. But this pain in my neck has gotten me concerned. i have an ENT appt today.... lets see how that goes! thanks again!
Helpful - 0
if i were u go to a chiropractor bc i have anxiety, the really bad one and when i got adjusted by the doctor im telling u i felt a difference. u could have sublaxation on ur bones...what that is, it's when ur bones on the neck or back try and come together so what the chiroprator does is adjust the bones to get back to normal......I have a question? since u have anxiety do u ever feel dizzy? like all day? like your dreaming?
Helpful - 0
im definitly going to do breathing exercises.... its so nerve wrecking (have anxiety)! ive been having this pain in my neck for a few months now! i think i have cancer or a problem no doctor can figure out.. its so frustrating... along with the other pains ive been getting!! thank you for your comments. i appreciate it. My nerves can calm down a little bit now.
Helpful - 0
may i suggest learning some deep breathing tools to help relax when that episode comes. its like meditating and no matter what you think it works.
Helpful - 0
Anxiety, god I have had my battles with that. While I was in some more of my anxious episodes I had pain EVERYWHERE, not all at once, but at different times. it could be my neck, my head, my legs etc etc. Anxiety can cause a lot of symptoms that we even still cannot comprehend.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.