Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Labs and CT scans and symptoms...

This may not be the appropriate forum, however, I feel the one maybe I need to be in for these questions.

I am wondering of any personal experiences similiar or like mine.

I went to the ER in January with lower right flank pain. They done some labs, and found my WBC was high at that time. Around 20 I think at that point. This prompted them to do a CT of the abdomen to r/o appendicitis.

It was not appendicitis, but the CT did show enlarged lymph nodes in the pelvic region.

So, the ER doc asked me to follow up with my family doc. I did so, and of course my WBC was still high. He wanted more bloodwork etc. So, he done some, not sure what all he did do.

At any rate, we are now almost at September. My WBC is still high, and noy my SED rate is also elevated. At last check my WBC was down from 17 to 15 which is a little better.

I am not sure of the # of the SED rate.

The lymph nodes in the pelvic region are still enlarged but stable from January. So, theres been no growth at least.

I am going back to my PCP tomorrow for some more labs specific to Lupus and I have an appt with a hematologist on the 11th.

My symptoms are pretty general, constant fatigue, night sweats on occasion not all the time anymore...and certainly not as bad as they used to be.

I just want them to find out WHAT is wrong, if it IS cancer and fix me. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired to be honest.

Does anyone have any input as to what it could be, any similiar experiences at all?

Thanks in Advance....

Freda
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The term is 'Pelvic Lymphademopathy' The cause is just what you
had. Ct scan to dx w/ elev. wbc/sed rate. My guess is the elev.
tests are from the lymph system & poss. the spleen. The spleen
isn't at rt. but upper left but plays a part of the fluid
pooling to the pelvic are. The labs could mean inflammation/
infection/tissue response from an allergy within you. Like a
rejection to an infection. If wbc was at 30's, then you have
some problems. They can also do an aspiration of fluid to dx.
Lupus normally has a low wbc. Sed is just a tool to dx inflamm.
Try to get an ANA w/ titer & another sed + a CRP. Maybe ask MD
for an Mri of abdomen to put you at ease. An Mri can distinguish
enlarged vessels from nodes. They have been confused. The CRP
might add to picture. Get copies for a hm-health-file to track
test values yourself. Let us know how you did. Gd-luck.
Helpful - 0
Do what the others replied and if all else fails go to a kinesiologist (natural and whole food pills) they will fix u right up on what natural supplement. Try and find a good one!! Good luck reply back on how u are doing luv!!!
Helpful - 0
Well....after the hematologiist thats supposed to be the next route. I have had a pap from my PCP it was normal.
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
have you seen your GYN recently, just to rule out anything like a cervical infection?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.