Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Mono like symptoms tested Negative 2x's

What else could I have?  July minor nausea before dinner happened 4xs.  Each time was under some stress.  Same month had tonsil stones 3xs.  Next month August, got sick.  Swollen tonsils, maybe some ulcer looking sores near tonsils, redness in throat and nasal, one little white spot, tongue coated, bad taste, some nausea, never vommitted, loss of appetite, weight loss.  Did not respond to 10 days of Zithromax and 8 days of Ceftin.  Lungs are good.  Spleen and liver good.  Intially slight elevation of white blood cell count.  Negative on monospot.  Above symptoms lasted 3 weeks and still remains just not as bad after mulitple therapies.  Last 6 days,  4 days bad:  fatigue, malaise pronouced, some tingling in hands, arms, legs, a few muscle spasms, ringing in ears noticeable when malaise is real bad. Fatigue and Malaise worse the last 24 hours. NO FEVER whole time.  Feel adrenal gland possibly reacting when I lay down and the malaise gets bad.  No nightsweats, skin looks good, no jaundice, no swollen nodes except neck slightly.  EBV or CMV or ?  Appreciate any stories or any Doctors advice?  
Sick in SLO
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the info.  I'll keep this in mind as a possiblity.  I'm praying that I start to see a light at the end of the tunnel soon.  Chances are it is a virus that is taking its time to work through, but its good to learn about other things out there that have similar symptoms, just in case.  I'm planning on some more tests next week to rule out or confirm some things.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the reply.  Haven't checked liver.  I don't see how I would have it.  Only had sex with one person my wife.  Don't do drugs.  Never been exposed to blood.  How else would I contract it?  Ingestion of poorly handled food?  Now that could easily happen.  Thanks again.
Helpful - 0
Have you had your liver checked out? Been tested for viral hepatitis? It is not uncommon to have viral hep without jaundice. I'd have a liver panel done and test for hep b and c.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.