Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

chest pain-non-cardiac-need answers

I have had chest pain now since mid July and now it does not go away. I have had an EKG, Stress Test-am waiting results but the inital results say all is okay. Pain is in left chest up into left shoulder. Had chest X-ray apparently is okay. I'm an x-smoker, family has ++++ cardiac problems and grandma died of breast cancer at a young age. My doctor examined my breasts and says everything is fine and won't order an Mammogram. I'm getting kind of concerned. I'm 39 with 2 kids...not ready to go yet so to speak from some cancer. Anyone have any ideas? Unfortunately, now I am going through very anxious periods because I have no idea what could be causing so much pain and again only think of a doomsday scenerio as a logical answer. I am taking 400 mg Motrin BID-not helpful either. Please advise!Hajak
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
joyman:

I meant chest pain/shoulder pain chcck your potassium/electrolyte
I had chest pain for years all the test in the world untill I ask my dr. about potassium he
said everything was find untill I ask for the level or number, It was 2.9 It should be 3.5-5.0.
right from the Dr. office to ER.
Helpful - 0

check your potassium.
Helpful - 0
i am 20 years old and a few months back got pains in my chest which were quite frequent. i went to my doc and he listen to my breathing and said it was nothnig to do with my heart but ot take sum ibuprofen. it has calmed down sicne then and not as occasional as before. last year i started college doin sport and fitness and was doin alot of sports there. this year im doin health fitness and excercise and doin more fitness clss type modules such as Excercise to music and more gym based work. i occasionally go to the gym outwith college and im a wee bit overweight at 15stone. could the lack of excercise outwith college be a cause of these pains ?
Helpful - 0
I am 43 and I also have this constant chest pain under my left breast. it feels relief when I put pressure on it. i just had a normal mamogram and have no other symptoms. Does anyone have any answers? From all the forums I am reading, no on e seems to have any answers.
thanks
marilyn
Helpful - 0
Consider costra-condritis(sp?).  I was finally diagnosed with this after looking at the heart for chest pain.  this is an inflammation o the ligaments in the rib cage.  I started changing how I carry things and the weight of the things I carred and after about 6 months was able to make the constant pain go away.  Now I have episodes of pain when I strain that area.

Lisa
Helpful - 0
By any chance do you have pains in other places on your body?  Do your muscles ache alot? Are you tired a good bit of the time? I am also 39 with 2 children--- I had symptoms like you are explaining last spring: Extreme sharp chest pain.  The drs. did the tests-- stress, ekg, ect. Mammogram etc.  They then decided that it was my fibromyalgia affecting the muscles in my chest and giving me the symptoms/pain that I was having. Continue to look for answers to your pain -- I have learned one thing in trying to find answers to my chronic pain-- The more I worried and thought of the worse senarios the worse my pain became. When I began talking to my drs. and found ones who were caring and concerned-- and put my faith in my Lord and in my Doctors my pain became something I could tolerate.
Helpful - 0
I don't have pain anywhere else at this time. I am tired as much as any woman who has 2 young kids and works full-time is tired but I think my level of tiredness is normal? I am going to talk to my doc again on Tuesday but this not having an answer yet is making me anxious. I will press for more tests-a mammogram and ?? MRI?? Perhaps this is musculoskeletal?? For example, thoracic outlet syndrome? I don't know I am grasping at straws here.:)
Helpful - 0
I say see a different doctor, it doesn't make sense that he refuses to order a mammogram. It's good that you're concerned, especially with your family history, but don't panic, there's lots of scenarios that it could point too, and not necessarily any that include the word doom. :) I'm sure you'll get some answers here, do see another doctor though, and EKG is good, but there's a lot more they can do. And they can at least ease your mind, don't stop pushing for an answer, sometimes doc's need to see that we're seriously concerned!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.