Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Strange pains in neck

For the past few weeks I've been experiencing a re-occuring pains in the front of my neck. It's usually situated around the top of my neck close to the centre. It often feels like there's a lump, but when I feel around for one, I don't notice anything out of the ordinary. I haven't experienced any type or swelling or sore throat either. I've had a coughing problem but it's not chronic. It happens every few days for about half an hour later in the evening. I start wheezing, and it feels like my lungs tighten. I had gone to a clinic about the cough and was told that given the symptoms and the fact that she could see nothing wrong with my throat, it sounds like I may have developed asthma. Therefore I suspect the cough is completely unrelated to the neck pain. Any ideas of what this could be?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Take a mirror and glass of water. Hold the mirror in front of your face so you can see your throat.  Drink water while watching throat.  If you see the lump move up and down as you swallow it could be thyroid and you should go to doctors for verification tests.  If it doesn't move you can rule out hyperthyroid/nodule.  I had a caught and its a normal symptom of hyper/nodule.  I didn't have swelling or sore throat/pain either. Well, I did have occasional slight sore throat due to the dry weather here.  However I did have a sort of slight hoarse throat, which is another symptom.

This is my first thought that came to mind. Perhaps others have theirs to offer.

Good Luck.

GL
Helpful - 0
125112 tn?1217273862
Something to consider (and think this is a problem of mine)LPR: http://www.entcolumbia.org/lprd.htm
Helpful - 0
125112 tn?1217273862
As a sidenote, GPs seem clueless to this (LPR). It was an ENT who questioned this and brought it to my attention.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.