Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

babysitting

Ok so i know this isnt the right place to ask tyhis question but i cant pay the fee to post it anywhere else.....Ive been babysitting this little 5 month old girl for about 2 weeks.....i just now noticed that there is something wrong with the color of her skin on her behind! Its either a giant bruise or her skin there is just different in color. can anyone tell me what to look for when looking at a bruise or different color skin? shes mexican and black mixed so she has very dark skin and its hard to tell! Please help....
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey, This is Dr.M... and maybe your issue is that your beating the kid and blaming it on her poor little body you idiot don't hurt KIDS also try Rum or some kind of that stuff
Helpful - 0
125112 tn?1217273862
Well my youngest daughter, when born and a few years after-had a large butterfly shape looking bruise on her bum (both "cheeks"). It wasn't a bruise at all, of course. I had asked my doctor about it (when my first daughter, after being born had a "bruised looking" bum) and my GP being familiar with Mongolian Spots - told me so.
Now, it's just a single looking bruise (her birthmark) just abover her waistline, smack dab in the middle.

Just be careful of what you are doing. A Mongolian Spot will not change in appearance quickly, whereas a bruise does change.

My ex husband, looking to give me lots of grief during our seperation, took my daughter into the hospital, trying to claim abuse. It so happened that my daughters GP was there and cleared the matter up with the trooper.
Unfortunately, my [then] toddling daughter was rather traumatized by that event. It was difficult to have her treated at the doctors office for a few years thereafter.

Just proceed with caution and don't scare the child.
Helpful - 0
125112 tn?1217273862
Whoops, fractions off. lol They're 1/16th Indian. I'm 1/8 and my birthmark is located on my bum too.
Helpful - 0
hello again...well im not sure if thats what it is but i know for sure that the smaller one is definately a bruise!And ive found a third one...on her upper arm ther is a bruise for sure. she squirms when i touch it.  The other one im not sure of because it covers almost all of her bottom.Shes a little....crazy i guess you could say....ive been trying to get out of babysitting for her because shes crazy!but now im concerned and i think i might call an abuse hotline!thanks for all input i really appreciate it!
Helpful - 0
sorry....meant the mother is crazy!!!
Helpful - 0
HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO THE BABIES MOM ABOUT IT? HAS SHE ANY OTHER CHILDREN ? WHAT DO YOU MEAN CRAZY IN WHAT WAY?  CHRIS
Helpful - 0
125112 tn?1217273862
I second this: Mongolian Spots

Both my daughters (1/4 Mexican & 1/8 Indian) had these (one still has a purplish birth mark-looks like a bruise) and one of my son's do also (1/8 Indian).

Helpful - 0
well shes only 5 months old . Oh and the mother is crazy because she still hasnt paid me...hence the not wanting to babysit anymore, and when i first started she said she was going through a divorce and she was desperate so i told her i could watch them for a while and she wanted me to do it at her house....well i got there at 7:45 thinking i could pick up the baby and the little boy i was also watching and take my son to school and be back at 8:15.....i get there and there are two big guys there saying they are the babysitters also.....red flag....... I asked where the mother is and they said she left the night before. so i had to get all five kids up dressed fed and walk them all to school before 8:15. i did this several times throughout the week as she promised to pay me more money....then came the weekend! I watched all of them saturday and she said she wanted to go out for a few hours on sat. night so i let her and she never came home....sunday came....monday came and finally monday night she shows up adn says oh im sorry i got arrested for drunk driving....another red flag.....sorry this is long but there alot of other things that have happened and i so want to get out of it!
Helpful - 0
Totally agree with you Borninquisitive . Thats why I asked the questions I did . XX Chris
Helpful - 0
If you don't have any close contact with relatives who you could talk toophone child protection . Non of what you have said sounds like good parenting but make sure your doing it for the right reasons. May be the case that the other children have bruised the baby because of not being supervised but the fact she doesnt come home is neglectful to say the least . These kids deserve better than their mothers giving. Chris
Helpful - 0
125112 tn?1217273862
I concur and agree (with you) Crystaly. At the least, I would say it's a case of neglect.
As for the two men (and saying this as I don't know anything about them)-certain races are more interdependent and think nothing of having a male family or close male friend (friend of the family) baby-sit. It might strike Anglo/American as being "odd" but not so much with other races.

It is possible that the other kids or other adults are harming the children. At any rate, the mother is being neglectful. That much, based of what you've said, I agree.

I hope this works out alright. No child should be abused or neglected.
Helpful - 0
well heres the thing... she doesnt even really know the two guys...ones 16 years old and the other is 24 years old!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi Don't get too alarmed sounds like a common birthmark unless you you have reason to think otherwise. They used to be called mongolian bluespots , basically a birthmark which often appears when children are dark skinned eg Asian, Indian , African etc. They are usually flat and don't have clear borders can be a funny shape sometimes. A friend of mines little girl has one on her lower back and bottom. Hope this helps you decide if there are any issues for concern for the baby. Please let me know. Chris
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.