Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

muscle biposy

my doc said that my muscle biospy normal but this is what it says.  does any one know how to read this.

a thoorough histologic evaluation does not identify any myopathic abnormality that would explain the patients history of refractory myalgias and cramps.

neurogenic changes are very mild and could be incidental. the number of activity denervated fibers is very small and would not be expected to manifest clinicaly,(weakness),either subjectively or objectively. while non-specific mayalgias are a clinical finding in a proportion of patients with active denervation on biopsy, it is more commonly seenin the setting of advanced disease and often with accompanying sensory sysmptoms.

also he said all blood normal but i says creatine kinase, total serum 21.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i have gone n hour without problems.  i have gone days witout problems.  

i am confused about what u wrote.  couldnt understand it. sorry
Helpful - 0
i read about the myclonus.  do get them when trying to fal asleep.  the other so bad that i actually sat up in bed.  as far as awake ad just lying or sitting yes its there.

these few days the nerve pin has gone crazy.  now in back.  walking bare foot on vinyl floor zooms burning sensation more.  i can feel hot or cold but the water hitting my body hurts.  only when flare of sysmptos.
Helpful - 0
one more thing.  i got a chance to post in neurology.  so lets see what they say.
Helpful - 0
ok one more thing.  i keep thinking of things
cant recall any injury.

i always had upper respitory infections.  i am 28.  last two yrs allerges and sinus problems.
in 2001 after my second pregnancy i developed uti.  for the whole yr.   trace of blood in urine.  went to urologist who did all kinds of cultures and blood test and looked inside with camera.  anyways no more utis but still to this day trace blood in urine.

my general doc said could be relaed to muscle problems.  but neuro didnt say much abou it.

ok i have been saying past week my flare has been bad.  before this i became sick from viral infection (upper espitory stuff) and today sneezing and stuff again.
Helpful - 0
yet again

i have also a lot of pain in legs in front in the bone to run or hop.  cant do it.  it came about after the flu shot.

ended up in er after shot in 2003 cause they doc thought it was guillian barre but the neuro in hospital said no.

so still sufering
Helpful - 0
Sorry I wasn't able to help. Hope Neuro will eventually.
I need to go get a valium. *Try not to multiple post too
much. Ea. new thread you start, moves board down & deletes
others. Many of us ck. posted dates & read that day + scan.
Maybe someone will have an answer for you. Gd-luck.
Helpful - 0
Makina your biopsy and ck levels are normal.Mild changes do occur as we age or after infections.These test are saying its not a muscular disorger.Thats great!
The myoclonus extends from the c-spine.Some myoclonus are normal,small jumps in limbs upon falling a sleep.Large ones and them happening while a wake is not.
Spacticity also extends from the c-spine.
When there is an injury at the c-spine area everything below that area will be effected.Have you had any MRI's?
This could extend from a viral infection.POST VIRAL SYNDROME.
Also there is a syndrome called BENIGN CRAMP FASCICULATION SYNDROME.Several symptoms from unknown origin.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.