Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Mother has strange 'flushing' feelings in head and chest

Hi everyone. I wonder if any of you can help with my mother's strange problem?
For about 4 years, she has had occasional episodes of a 'flushing' feeling in her head - she has said it is very uncomfortable and she feels as if she is going to pass out, but never does. She is very good at burrying her head in the sand. but this did scare her enough to go to our USELESS previous Doc - who simply shrugged her shoulders and that was good enough for Mum - untill recently, when they began to geet more frequent, and they now start with a flushing in the chest, then a pressure, like somethings blocked, then a flush in the head. thes are now happening about twice a week. She has an appointment with a Physician at the end of this month. I know she will have played it down when she described it to the doc, and she now says that she won't push for an earlier appointment as they obviously think its nothing to worry about.
She only got that appointment because she was turned down for orthapedic surgery because of heart arrhythmia. Any suggestions on what it might be? or how I can handle this woman?
Thanks
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sounds like menapausal hot flasehs perhaps?
Helpful - 0
Hello, sorry Mom is having trouble. As I read post 1st thing
came to mind that she needs to monitor her heart. As I read,
saw she has problem. Get a cuff monitor (one that fits right),
sz's vary so ck w/ meas.-tape. Need to ck/record 3 X day while
rested/comfortable. If not on meds, she may need some bloodwk.
Dr must determine type & if combo needed if she is having some
hypertension. Diovan HCT is a good ace-inhibitor if suspect
hypertension. Call ofc & ask what BP/pulse was at appt. Some
places around may have cuff machines that are off abt 5 but
better than nothing. Fire dept/paramedics are better than Dr's
ofc.  Equip. is calibrated to exact degree. Most enjoy a nice
chat from the public & don't mind. Get small record bk to track.
I bet you could take her to your Dr & have nurse ck also, free.
Maybe Mom is getting peri-menapause? Wrote ya' below. Later.
Helpful - 0
I had very similiar symptoms in the past and found out that I had Mitral Valve Prolapse.  The valve is not working properly and then blood flow fluctuates through the heart causing changes in pulse, flushing and feeling kind of faint.  My doctor put me on a beta-blocker that I take once a day and the problems are gone.  I hope it is  something simple to fix as this was for me.  It just sounded so familiar especially with the arrythmia which MVP can cause as well.  I hope this will be of some help to you and your mum.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.